Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
I already got the serials and today I'll be downloading the image(s).
I'll install the 32 and 64 bits version. Some of the hardware I've got does not have 64 bits drivers.

T

trnqk7

Full Audioholic
I've been beta testing it for a few months now and I really like it. I'm already hitting up the IT guys at work to see if I can be the office guinea pig as we are still running XP. It has memory management issues that seem to creep up with some software we run that requires a lot of ram (over 1.5gb at times).

jinjuku

jinjuku

I've been beta testing it for a few months now and I really like it. I'm already hitting up the IT guys at work to see if I can be the office guinea pig as we are still running XP. It has memory management issues that seem to creep up with some software we run that requires a lot of ram (over 1.5gb at times).
I have the 64 bit RC1 downloading right now 3.05 GB. Yeash. I remember thinking four 3.5" floppy disks was a lot for an OS.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
is it even possible to install the RC over the beta version?

poutanen

poutanen

Full Audioholic
Guess there's no chance this thing can come without Internet Explorer, can it? :D

I hate when I push the e-mail button on my home computer, and when firefox starts up and detects and upgrade (to things like noscript, etc.) internet explorer automatically pops up to fillfill the request of hotmail.com...

It really bothers me that it's so engrained in XP... but I suppose it's my choice to keep using that O/S.

There are some functions I wish my PS3 could handle with linux, and if it gets to that point I might get rid of my home computer all together. :D

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Guess there's no chance this thing can come without Internet Explorer, can it? :D

I hate when I push the e-mail button on my home computer, and when firefox starts up and detects and upgrade (to things like noscript, etc.) internet explorer automatically pops up to fillfill the request of hotmail.com...

It really bothers me that it's so engrained in XP... but I suppose it's my choice to keep using that O/S.

There are some functions I wish my PS3 could handle with linux, and if it gets to that point I might get rid of my home computer all together. :D
That sounds like a file association issue and it can be fixed fairly easily.

On another note I have been running 7 for 2-3 months now in a VM as well as on the Office PC that my girlfriend works from home off on in the loft and it is much much better than Vista. I can make a direct comparison as I used the same exact components for XP x32, Vista x64, and 7 x64...and amazingly enough I like 7 the best, it runs as smooth as XP (no joke) and looks/functions better than Vista or XP. And thats on an old 939 X2, Asus A8N SLI Deluxe, 2 GB memory, and an ATI 4350 512MB

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic

Go into the Programs and Features section under Control Panel...

Add/Remove Windows Features on the left hand side.

You can uninstall Internet Explorer from there.

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
I've been very impressed with W7RC so far. It's even better (as it should be) than the beta version.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I'm excited about Windows 7, I can't wait for it to come out.

A

audiohonic65

Audioholic
Wow! I am impressed. I am looking forward upgrading mine to Windows 7. I never like Vista anyways.

Nemo128

Nemo128

Audioholic Field Marshall
Used the RTM and am very impressed. The memory footprint blows both Vista and XP out of the water. The application loading, memory management, and process scheduling algorithm are obviously better since on equivalent systems 7 beats XP and Vista at every task I could throw at it.

7 may be the first Windows version I actually buy a real retail copy of rather than using my academic licenses.

X

Xargos

Junior Audioholic
I've been using the Windows 7 RC almost daily since it came out. Being a mere consumer means that I'm stuck waiting for the October 22 release. I know it isn't much longer, but the wait is killing me! At least I pre-ordered it for $50.

I still need to upgrade my Mac to Snow Leopard, too.

H

HDPCsound

Audioholic
Windows 7 is kind of mix of win xp and vista....xp for his lighteness, and vista for the look...i think microsoft team made a great work with this O/s

F

finishers

Junior Audioholic
Whenever a new Window version come, it definitely had some problem......... Still i have problems in my vista windows........

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
$30 if you are a student... that's a great deal. Too bad I'm not a student anymore.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis