Wife will not let me cut holes in wooden vaulted ceiling? Speaker ideas?

C

chucksrt

Audioholic
I have my main tv room In a space with a wooden vaulted ceiling. The room is open but split into two sections. Its 17ft wide by 33 ft long. The tv and stereo are on one side of the long wall. I need ideas on what to substitute in ceiling speakers with. I can probably get away with a surface mounted speaker for atmos but I dont know what to use. I have Klipsch quintet satellite speakers but I dont want to sacrifice sound if there are better options. I like big full sound. I have a Yamaha RX-A3070 Receiver. My mains are Infinite Slope (JSE) model 1.8a towers and a Source Technologies CC3 center channel. My subwoofer is a Source Technologies SW 12 ULT. I have not done any of the surrounds yet. I was thinking about using my Infinite slope .6 bookshelf speakers but they are pretty large. I think I would be better off using some sort of on wall speakers. Do you have any recommendations as to what might work best and what on wall speakers would you recommend. Main use is home theater but I also listen to music here as well.
Thanks
Chuck

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
I have a wooden, clerestory ceiling. I wouldn't even think about trying to cut into it. You should probably thank your wife. ;)
Ceiling mounts. If you have exposed beams, you could mount from those. Side wall mounts (think SVS Prime Elevation Speakers).
Those are the options that I'm aware of.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord

I like the pendant speakers from JBL.
Ryan’s idea is probably best if you have side walls.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis