Why would such a huge center channel only be rated at 75Hz?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
It's undoubtedly the finest center channel I've ever experienced. Initially, I planned to remove it from my system due to its mismatch with my fronts and its considerable size, which doesn't quite aesthetically align with my setup. However, upon reconnecting my SVS Ultra, I was immediately underwhelmed.

The Paradigm surpasses it by leaps and bounds, prompting me to reinstall it despite the aforementioned concerns. It actually does deliver deep bass when necessary, with male voices resonating powerfully and female voices coming through with clarity, articulation, and nuance.

With a DIN rating of 40Hz, it's likely to produce bass levels significantly lower than its rating in most rooms, but as you rightly mentioned, that's of little consequence... Without a doubt, I'm keeping this gem!
Yeah. I love big centers. My center speaker weighs 140 lbs. :D

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
It's undoubtedly the finest center channel I've ever experienced. Initially, I planned to remove it from my system due to its mismatch with my fronts and its considerable size, which doesn't quite aesthetically align with my setup. However, upon reconnecting my SVS Ultra, I was immediately underwhelmed.

The Paradigm surpasses it by leaps and bounds, prompting me to reinstall it despite the aforementioned concerns. It actually does deliver deep bass when necessary, with male voices resonating powerfully and female voices coming through with clarity, articulation, and nuance.

With a DIN rating of 40Hz, it's likely to produce bass levels significantly lower than its rating in most rooms, but as you rightly mentioned, that's of little consequence... Without a doubt, I'm keeping this gem!
Just note DIN is a "in room" rating estimate, not much usable bass below on average.

P

privateeye

Junior Audioholic
Just note DIN is a "in room" rating estimate, not much usable bass below on average.
DIN refers to the in-room bass extension vs. anechoic and Paradigm specifically states that the DIN rating on their speakers is the expected +/- 3dB rating in a typical room.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis