Why my Samsung TV app, spotify only output 2.1 to my speakers?

X

xiaokuan wei

Audiophyte
Hi,
I have a samsung smart TV which includes apps such as spotify. I have connected it to an AVR using HDMI ARC; and the sound is supposed to output to my Polk 5.1 system. However, it seems all the sounds output from TV are 2.1. For example, if I used spotify app from the TV to play my music, it's 2.1. But if I play the same music from spotify from my phone using bluetooth mode of AVR it's 5.1.
Does anyone know the reason for this and what should I do to make the TV output sound 5.1?
Thank you.

-Xiaokuan

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
I don't know what model TV you have, but I know that at least in the past, some TVs simply would not output 5.1 sound. You would have to look at your manual for your specific TV to see what it says about what it can and cannot output. My guess is, if it does not specifically say that it can output full 5.1 sound, it probably cannot. And if it says it can, it should tell you how to do it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Spotify is just a 2.0 Source not a 2.1 or 5.1 so it just seems that your AVR may just be in those particular sound modes probably stereo for 2.1 and you're matrixing it into something on the Bluetooth input to 5.1. Hard to know from the description of what sound modes you're using.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis