Why little/no hype for Pioneer Elite VSX-21/23txh Receivers?

W

WooBah

Enthusiast
Hi all,

I am really digging my Pioneer VSX-23txh Receiver. The Receiver rocks! I love the sound and I love the video performance. (The only negative, if it is a negative is no hdmi video upscaling. But, I am still debating if it is really needed.)

It took me a few attempts to get it calibrated, but that is due to my ineptness with receivers. :) Because, the interface is really intuitive. The manual is not well written and can be confusing but that goes with all receivers.

Well, back to my post headline. This receiver has two HDMI outputs (A big feature for me as I use a projector and and LCD). Plus it has 5 HDMI inputs, it is Energy efficient, which is big in my book (yes I am a progressive), it runs cool, the sound is incredible, video looks great, surround sound is like being in a theater, and it looks like a hot chick on a beach, SEXY BABY! ;) And, the price is <$850 at just about every authorized reseller. Thus, for the features at that price point, this is one hot receiver. So, why no hype????

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Hi. When you say "no hdmi video upscaling," you're referring to it not being able to upscale an incoming HDMI signal, correct? It will upconvert analog video inputs to HDMI and upscale them if desired (all the way up to 1080p).

W

WooBah

Enthusiast
Hi. When you say "no hdmi video upscaling," you're referring to it not being able to upscale an incoming HDMI signal, correct? It will upconvert analog video inputs to HDMI and upscale them if desired (all the way up to 1080p).
Hi Adam, yes I meant no upscaling for HDMI devices, which as I understand is not that big of an issue since most Devices built for HDMI have internal scalers. In any event I really like this receiver. Amazing sound and features. Plus, I now have Zone two going. You were right , it was a speaker wire touching another speaker wire that was causing the receiver to shut down. Thank you Adam for all your help. You are The Man!

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
I had to follow you. I just jumped on the bandwagon to replace my non-hdmi equiped VSX-56TXi.
I loved getting rid of all those extraneous cables when I swapped them out and loved the fact that I could use the detachable power cable from the older receiver on the new one.
Pretty happy so far. I just ran MCACC earlier this evening so I'm finally properly set-up. It's amazing how much more accurate they get each go-around. My 56TXi would only measure speaker distances in 6 inch increments. This one goes down to the individual inches :eek:
Had a scare when MCACC said my left surround speaker wasn't playing. Turns out a cord was cut straight through.

A

Amherst

Audioholic Intern
I had to follow you. I just jumped on the bandwagon to replace my non-hdmi equiped VSX-56TXi.
I loved getting rid of all those extraneous cables when I swapped them out and loved the fact that I could use the detachable power cable from the older receiver on the new one.
Pretty happy so far. I just ran MCACC earlier this evening so I'm finally properly set-up. It's amazing how much more accurate they get each go-around. My 56TXi would only measure speaker distances in 6 inch increments. This one goes down to the individual inches :eek:
Had a scare when MCACC said my left surround speaker wasn't playing. Turns out a cord was cut straight through.
Hey Thunder, How do you like this receiver paired with your Polk's?
Have some M40 fronts, M30 rears, CSI6 center here and may want a replacement receiver to handle the newer codecs. Currently running an older Yammy. Would you recommend?

Thunder18

Thunder18

Senior Audioholic
Hey Thunder, How do you like this receiver paired with your Polk's?
Have some M40 fronts, M30 rears, CSI6 center here and may want a replacement receiver to handle the newer codecs. Currently running an older Yammy. Would you recommend?
I like it so far! A lot better after I finally ran MCACC. A lot like how it sounded with the VSX-56TXi so definitely nothing to complain about there. I haven't really had a chance to really crank it yet, but hoping tonight will be the night for some critical listening...or at least a movie with the family at high listening levels ;-)

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Lucky you, both my Onkyo TX-SR805 and 876 only measure the distances to a half foot increments. :(

T

tennisray

Audiophyte
Just got my Pioneer VSX-23txh Receiver going. Sounds great, looks great and plays video great. Very happy...

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Just got my Pioneer VSX-23txh Receiver going. Sounds great, looks great and plays video great. My daughter was playing with the remote control and somehow got it into Zone 3 and I could not figure out how to get out of it. Now the remote control does not work and the display shows Zone 3. Even after I turned off multi-zone (manually using the switch on the front), Zone 3 keeps coming back and the remote functions do not work:confused:. The on-off function will only turn Zone 3 on and off:(. Does anyone know how to reset it back to the default zone? Will appreciate any help.
Welcome to the forum!

Make sure that the little switch located at the bottom of the remote control is set to the "Main" position and not the "Zone 3" position.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis