Why do processors need ANY video hookups?

T

tonyE

Junior Audioholic
LOL feeling a bit feisty, eh? No, am not a self-appointed audio guru but I have quite a bit of experience as well as reading on the subject. Your avr comments make you sound like a fool. I like old and crotchety to an extent, as that's me too.
My AVR comments are realistic.

If you think otherwise, then you are lacking some fundamental information about their design. Have you worked in the industry? Do you have a background in electronics?

My experience is not in reading, my experience is as a practicing scientist, engineer, sound engineer and audiophile.

I've spent enough time in my lab working in labs with electronics to know what works, what doesn't work and what sounds good and realistic.

We also have seats at the local philharmonic.

So, I'm not feisty, I'm just sick and tired of people who have little clue telling me that I have no clue.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My AVR comments are realistic.

If you think otherwise, then you are lacking some fundamental information about their design.

My experience is not in reading, my experience is as a scientist, engineer, sound engineer and audiophile.

I've spent enough time in my lab working in labs with electronics to know what works, what doesn't work and what sounds good and realistic.

We also have seats at the local philharmonic.

So, I'm not feisty, I'm just sick and tired of people who have little clue telling me that I have no clue.
You have lesser clues? I don't know what your problem is, but you're kinda "out there"

T

tonyE

Junior Audioholic
LOL "hearing" it. How quaint that you have golden ears and can distinguish electronics so handily! Your name dropping is lacking.
There, you have no clue. You have not heard it... you are practicing innuendo.

With your opinion and five bucks I can get a cup of coffee at Starbucks.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There, you have no clue. You have not heard it... you are practicing innuendo.

With your opinion and five bucks I can get a cup of coffee at Starbucks.
With your opinion I wouldn't spend 2 cents....

T

tonyE

Junior Audioholic
You have lesser clues? I don't know what your problem is, but you're kinda "out there"
"lesser clues"?

Forget it.... you guys remind me of the people at reddit/audiophile who think themselves as audiophiles and then go buy a 50 year old Realistic 8 track unit and are proud of how it sounds.

You're practicing an ad hominem attack.... you made some claims, when I ask you to provide proof, you don't, instead you double down on your ad hominem attacks.

I want an audio decoder devoid of video processing. It's easy enough to make one, but it seems like the product doesn't exist in the consumer products world.... perhaps it does in the professional world... so I guess I will look there.

I do not want to buy an AVR just to throw money away on 90% of what's in the box.... just to get some cheapy audio electronics to do the decoding...

Simple as that.

And yes, I'm "out there"... I'm an audiophile, simple as that. Neither my den or living room have coffee tables because they will interfere with the imaging, there. Deal with it. Enjoy you 1000 watt AVR, while I fix my 35 wpc amp.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
So
"lesser clues"?

Forget it.... you guys remind me of the people at reddit/audiophile who think themselves as audiophiles and then go buy a 50 year old Realistic 8 track unit and are proud of how it sounds.

You're practicing an ad hominem attack.... you made some claims, when I ask you to provide proof, you don't, instead you double down on your ad hominem attacks.

I want an audio decoder devoid of video processing. It's easy enough to make one, but it seems like the product doesn't exist in the consumer products world.... perhaps it does in the professional world... so I guess I will look there.

I do not want to buy an AVR just to throw money away on 90% of what's in the box.... just to get some cheapy audio electronics to do the decoding...

Simple as that.

And yes, I'm "out there"... I'm an audiophile, simple as that. Neither my den or living room have coffee tables because they will interfere with the imaging, there. Deal with it. Enjoy you 1000 watt AVR, while I fix my 35 wpc amp.
Sounds like maybe you should start a business for your idea. You are funny, tho, and have quite the weird imagination. Audiophool territory.

T

tonyE

Junior Audioholic
I guess just displaying your ignorance?

You keep proving my point... see post 45.. hence... QED.

T

tonyE

Junior Audioholic
ROTFLOL.... ASR ... figures.... it just figures. You just can't give it up.

QED for sure.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
I didn’t care to risk voiding the warranty of my 77” C1 by going into the service menu. It shouldn’t be necessary anyway.

Now, go and use your vast knowledge and resources to bring that audio only, HDMI equipped, multichannel processor to market.

To be fair, and answer the question concerning the title of the thread, processors do not actually NEED video processing. Now, go find one without it and then kindly go f#%k yourself. With any luck, your d#%k can still get as hard as your head.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Perhaps something like this is what Tony is looking for? Note, it doesn’t decode Dolby / DTS, and the TV would have to do that and output PCM via eARC.

T

tonyE

Junior Audioholic
Perhaps something like this is what Tony is looking for? Note, it doesn’t decode Dolby / DTS, and the TV would have to do that and output PCM via eARC.
Well, I think you forgot the link... but no, I have seen quite a few audio decoders that take the audio out but don't do DD and DTS, which is the whole point. I want to replace the Emo with a simple box that I can set up once, has no remote, no need for an external menu via an external display and will take the surround audio from the TV -that currently goes to the processor- and decodes it.

I'd gladly pay 1000 bucks for something that has balanced circuitry. In essence something with the audio quality of a top flight Trinov decoder, without all the video and audio room correction.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
There is no mention of HDCP in the specs for the HDMI so that might very seem give issues as well, assuming there is no HDCP implemented.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Well, I think you forgot the link... but no, I have seen quite a few audio decoders that take the audio out but don't do DD and DTS, which is the whole point. I want to replace the Emo with a simple box that I can set up once, has no remote, no need for an external menu via an external display and will take the surround audio from the TV -that currently goes to the processor- and decodes it.

I'd gladly pay 1000 bucks for something that has balanced circuitry. In essence something with the audio quality of a top flight Trinov decoder, without all the video and audio room correction.
He did not forget the link. But I will give it to you again.

I think if you want the unit you are after, you had better build it. I have to say though, that your descriptions of your hook ups show that you are the likely master chef of "dogs dinners."

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis