D

duncan618

Audioholic Intern
please help us broke people make a decent system. i know the resources are here, you guys are some brilliant mf's when it comes to speakers. i was wonderin if youz guyz could do us all a favor and try and recommend a "best bang for the buck" type of system. i mean anything old, new, or ebay used. something that will perform whether its movies or music or just one or the other. help us "enthusiasts" stay away from the bose and the like. many of you guys have found sweet a** deals at pawn shops, estate sells, and what not. please share with us what you've built and what made you happy.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
You just have to be observant and pay close attention when looking at used equipment. Try to find a pawn shop with some kind a cash return policy. Cash America comes to mind. They do a 7 day cash back, 30 day in store credit. Even if you find the item to be not to your satisfaction.:D I have found that EZpawn has been the biggest value of all of them (no cash back returns though)

Ebay is a trickier guy to play. Don't bid untill the auction is almost over is all I can say.

You just gotta look and listen and see and hear what you like, then act.:)

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
Just realize that bare bones is just that. Its a good start, but that is all it is. It will let you get a taste of home theatre.

However, if the bug ever bites you, you'll find yourself an audioholic, just like the rest of us!

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Does Kenwood still make a $500 HTiB? I had one and it was pretty good for the money. Just use that until you can afford a better sub (the weakest link of HTiBs), then start replacing the speakers.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
please help us broke people make a decent system. i know the resources are here, you guys are some brilliant mf's when it comes to speakers. i was wonderin if youz guyz could do us all a favor and try and recommend a "best bang for the buck" type of system. i mean anything old, new, or ebay used. something that will perform whether its movies or music or just one or the other. help us "enthusiasts" stay away from the bose and the like. many of you guys have found sweet a** deals at pawn shops, estate sells, and what not. please share with us what you've built and what made you happy.
As an Infinity Primus owner I can NOT recommend them enough. Vanns.com did have some awesome "Package" deals for $1000 and another package for $750 which includes delivery to your door in the US of course. The packages also include a powered sub. Sorry, not very good at posting links but just go to Vanns.com and click on speakers and give them a call. You will thank me when you do. Good luck in your decision. Hope this helps :) :)

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
As an Infinity Primus owner I can NOT recommend them enough.
That is the second time you have done that, with that exact wording and capping "NOT". When someone casually reads that it could confuse or mislead the reader. Everytime I read it I think to myself, "he has Primus, but he does NOT recommend them" Then I read it again and realize I went through it to hastily.:D:D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis