which XLR cables are best to interconnect?/

B

bigwill125

Enthusiast
For hooking up speakers to a power amp to my preamp/processor, what interconnects are best to use? I've heard audio quest xlr's are the way to go. Cinnamon or carbon??? is it worth the extra money since i'll need 7 of them? What do you guys think/use?

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
The main thing about good bulk balanced interconnect cables is 'symmetry'. It takes a big cable manufacture with big expensive machines and a good quality control department to make good balanced cable. Stick with the major cable manufactures like Belden, Canare, Gepco and Mogami.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I ordered a pair of AQ King Cobra XLR's. Sent them back.

I got to see if they did anything my DIY XLR (Nuetrik and Monoprice Mic Cable) didn't. Monoprice mic cable is killer in it's construction so really happy with it.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Big Will, if you continue to ignore our advice about audio quest cable and their snake oil, we might start to believe you're either a fool eager to be parted from his money, or a shill.

I can also verify that Monoprice XLR cables are well-made and a great buy. If your tastes are more extravagant, I don't think you'll find any better than Blue Jeans Cable even if you pay a fortune for so-called high end cables elsewhere. Devote the bulk of your budget on speakers, not interconnects.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
From the small photos that I was able to find of Audio Quest balanced interconnect cables they appear to be of a poor design. For a good balanced interconnect cable design, you want a Shielded Twisted Pair (STP) with a braid or braid/foil shield. That's 2 conductors not 3 and no drain wire.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis