Which to Keep? Picking a Receiver

G

Gwmcroy316

Enthusiast
So, wanted to get some opinions. If you guys had the choice would you keep a 7.1 Onyko HT-R530 receiver or the 5.1 Yahama RX-V373 receiver? For a bit of reference, at the moment I dont have a ton of living room space for the 7.1 to be set up optimally, which is why I was considering the switch.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
7.1 you might be able to use it later. Unless 3D is a factor. Onkyo all the way.

G

Gwmcroy316

Enthusiast
Thanks. 3D is not a factor to me, but the yahama being newer has dolby true hd and dts hd as well as hdmi connections. That was what I liked about it, but the Onkyo is my current receiver (I own both but am going to sell the other) and I wanted some opinions before I got rid of the Yamaha. It it not that big of a loss using optical rather than HDMI? Im quite fond of my 7.1 Onkyo, and use infinity interlude center and fronts with (il10 il25c) with onyko middles and powered sub, and Polk audio rears.

D Bone

D Bone

Audioholic Intern
I'd keep the Yammy if I wanted it to still function in 18 more months.

G

Gwmcroy316

Enthusiast
The onyko is the one ive had for while, its always performed great. Just got the Yamaha but wasnt sure which to keep. Newer features or 7.1

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
You won't get much for the Onkyo, so I would keep it. Maybe $75 tops. Donate it to a church or Salvation Army.

G

Gwmcroy316

Enthusiast
Well 130 plus around 50 in shipping is the cheapest out if quite a few avaliable online, but yeah it's not worth much. That's not my concern though...

G

Gwmcroy316

Enthusiast
Getting a pioneer today that may be better than both. Might keep it instead (I end up with alot of receivers, business related sorta) will update with model

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Which Pioneer? The Yamaha has everything, except 7.1. Most here use 5.1 or 3.1.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yamaha, so you won't need the Pioneer unless you're looking for another function?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis