Which speakers for RX-V2600?

R

Reignman

Enthusiast
I just picked up a Yama RX-V2600 and I would like to buy speakers that “fit right” with the receiver. How do I find out what type of speakers go with my system? I’m new to the HT lifestyle so I would appreciate your advice. I would like to buy my speakers separate and try and match them. I want floor speakers for the front surrounds a good center channel and nice rear surrounds.:confused:

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Speaker options

Post your budget and room description and we will give you some suggestions. Sounds like you are looking at a 7.1 speaker system. Your Yamaha 2600 should make a good power plant for your new HT.

R

Reignman

Enthusiast
not really... but Im a bang for the buck kind of guy. Ill spend the money if I have to..Im not rich..but I have enought to buy my toys:cool: Im consider in buyin the SVS PB12 Plus/2 or PB12 Ultra.. U see bang for the buck buy.

R

Reignman

Enthusiast
Oh and I like to buy speakers separate.. unless Its better recomended to stay within the same speaker family.. No speaker pakage.. ie. i want to spend at around 400 for the center speaker but will pay a little more if worth it. I really need all your help!!!!

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Reignman said:
not really... but Im a bang for the buck kind of guy. Ill spend the money if I have to..Im not rich..but I have enought to buy my toys:cool: Im consider in buyin the SVS PB12 Plus/2 or PB12 Ultra.. U see bang for the buck buy.
Either of those subwoofers will be more than adequate for your room. (And when they first fire off....keep your OMG amazement comments quiet...like you knew all along what was about to happen. :eek: LOL.)

The wisest of moves for the rest of the speakers is of course to audition as many as possible. Find what sounds good to you and what does not. Speakers are a very subjective item...and the most important element to your sound system. But there are many hundreds of speaker manufacturers. Bang-for-buck speakers are generally found in the internet sales only marketplace, e.g. Axiom. You can audition them right in your home (for the price of shipping back to the factory if you don't like them). Audioholics has listed RBH speakers as the best in the kind of price range I think you're looking at. So I would surely give those two brands a listen. My personal guide toward the finest speakers I've ever heard...listen to Aerial Acoustics. But they are pricey. Be sure to check PSB, Monitor Audio, Phase Technology, Paradigm, Acoustic Concepts (ACI), AV123 Rockets or Onix (big sale going on right now), just to name a few speakers likely to delight you and also provide value.

If you narrow your seach by auditioning and telling us what kind of speakers you like (and those you don't)...we can perhaps guide you further to similar but value selections.

Happy hunting.

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
It's hard to define "bang for the buck" without a budget. In every budget class there is a great value to be found. But what constitutes bang for buck is very dependent on what you are willing to spend. The more you spend, the higher the quality of sound. The trick is to find the right level for you.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Reignman said:
Thanks for the last reply...now thats what Im talkin about! Do you guys think these 2 subs are over kill for my layout? I could buy one of the lesser models for now and then move it to mybed room and buy the Ultra/2 when I build my HT room..

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c143/R3IGNMAN/Famkitchen1.jpg
I don't think it's overkill, per se, but then, I love bass! ;) Either of these would be excellent choices for your room. You could most likely get away fine with a single SVS-12isd, but as I said.......;)

R

Reignman

Enthusiast
1,000.00 - 1,500.00 for speakers not including Subwoofer.. sub will b a SVS.

C

corey

Senior Audioholic
There's a lot of speakers out there.

The speakers should match your room, your needs/wants and your decore. Your receiver is much farther down on the list.

Do a lot of research, you can get a bunch opinions from the internet, but they might be from wanna-be experts like me, instead of real ones.

A good place to start is by picking out what you don't want or do need - size, freq response, placement options, price, etc. Think about your front 3 speakers, get those right and then work out the sides/rears that will go with them.

Once you figure out a group of speakers that meet your needs, find local dealers for all that you can & demo them. Then decide if any ot the on-line speakers are worth a try.

If you don't get a clear winner with the above, bring some home, and listen in your own environment - wait, that's a good idea no matter what.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis