Which receiver for Sony 65" 4k

S

stevem650

Audioholic Intern
Hi.. Just purchased the Sony x90 65" 4k TV with media player. My speakers are Anthony Gallo A'diva Ti (5.1) and my old amp is a Yamaha rx-v1600 that I want to upgrade. I just moved to new home and looking to set up my living room for Music & home theater. Looking to spend around $700 for receiver which will work best with my TV & speakers. My main focus is on Music. Any help appreciated

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
Picking a receiver from this list would be my best bet. You don't need anything too powerful with those speakers, just find one that has the features that you want.

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
You can buy any receiver you want. The speakers should not pose a problem for any decent receiver. However, with the new possibilities on video, you might want to wait until the HDMI 2.0 receivers are released. HDMI 1.4 can pass 4k at up to 30 frames, but is not rated for 4k at 60 frames. See:

HDMI 2.0 Specification and 4K UHD (2160p) Resolutions | Audioholics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI#Version_comparison

Then again, movies are normally shot at 24 frames per second, and so with most movies, this should not be an issue. But it may be an issue in the future.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis