T

tennsopher

Enthusiast
I have to older receivers,a Marantz sr 8002 and a Denon avr 5800.My question is which oppo bdp would be a better fit for theses older units?Oppo bdp83 or oppo 93 and why.I don't know about the connectivity between theses units as I plan to use it for both.Thanks in advance for all replies.Wayne

DD66000

DD66000

Senior Audioholic
Why stop at the 83, 93?
The 105D has every kind of connection you need and an ESS DAC.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Have a look at the new UDP203 which has just been released. It handles the 4K Video format and performs way better than the BDP83 because of that feature. It runs cooler than the BDP83 and doesn't use a fan which the older models need.

A friend of mine has both of these products and we've been able to compare them last week.Your DVDs will look sharper and expose better colors with the UDP203. That new unit also has an outstanding audio performance. It also features analog audio outputs for your receivers which don't have HDMI inputs.

Last edited:
B

Blue Dude

Audioholic
It really depends on what you want to do with the player. If you're not going to use the analog outs (i.e. digital outputs only), the 105 is extreme overkill; the 103 will do everything the 105 does for less than half the price. There's nothing wrong with the 83 and 93 (I had a 80!) but there may be some features of the 103 you'd miss. Certainly the players got better over time. Any would be compatible with Blu-ray video and audio formats with just about any HDMI receiver less than 10 years old.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis