Which mic do I need for the mcacc setup

M

michael Hinchey

Audiophyte
I lost my original mic for the mcacc. I am adding another sub and would like to setup the mcacc again. I see some online (bestbuy) but it states it is only for certain receivers. Thx for any info.
I am own a Pioneer elite vsx-92thx.
Also if anyone has more info or help with adding the sub here is the additional setup.
My subs are powered supercube3 x 2
I have a Boston acoustic 3 channel speaker upfront.
2 in ceiling speakers.
The sub needs to go behind the couch unfortunatly. I have a sectional and my gf wants to decorate next to the entertainment system. As small as these subs are she just doesn't like them where they are. We negotiated and I was able to buy another sub. I may have won that battle. Hehe. Hope she doesn't see this post. Anyway, thx for any additional info on my setup.
I have a y splitter FOR THE SUBS ALREADY. I know to connect the y splitter on the sub out on receiver and connect to the lfe on the sub. I'm assuming I could just connect the long cord out of the receiver I have and split the long cord with a y splitter and connect the two subs with shorter sub cords since they are relatively short runs from each other. I would only have to buy a 15 footer to split that since I have a 3 footer already. Any info on that would be great as well. If you need any additional info I'll answer them.
My room is pretty square with rugs. The couches are all the way to the back of the room. (It's where they need to be) it is a 20 x 20 room. I am using an xbox one and a home built htpc.
Thx

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I lost my original mic for the mcacc. I am adding another sub and would like to setup the mcacc again. I see some online (bestbuy) but it states it is only for certain receivers. Thx for any info.
I am own a Pioneer elite vsx-92thx.
Also if anyone has more info or help with adding the sub here is the additional setup.
My subs are powered supercube3 x 2
I have a Boston acoustic 3 channel speaker upfront.
2 in ceiling speakers.
The sub needs to go behind the couch unfortunatly. I have a sectional and my gf wants to decorate next to the entertainment system. As small as these subs are she just doesn't like them where they are. We negotiated and I was able to buy another sub. I may have won that battle. Hehe. Hope she doesn't see this post. Anyway, thx for any additional info on my setup.
I have a y splitter FOR THE SUBS ALREADY. I know to connect the y splitter on the sub out on receiver and connect to the lfe on the sub. I'm assuming I could just connect the long cord out of the receiver I have and split the long cord with a y splitter and connect the two subs with shorter sub cords since they are relatively short runs from each other. I would only have to buy a 15 footer to split that since I have a 3 footer already. Any info on that would be great as well. If you need any additional info I'll answer them.
My room is pretty square with rugs. The couches are all the way to the back of the room. (It's where they need to be) it is a 20 x 20 room. I am using an xbox one and a home built htpc.
Thx
Unfortunately you do need the mic for that model of receiver.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
According to this ad, the APM7008 works for that and many other Pioneer avrs.

Not sure what your question is on splitter/sub cabling, but what you described would work.

ps I see my old 919 on that list, my avr crapped out, not sure if I still have the mic....I'll check, pm me if interested in it but its yours if I have it still....

M

michael Hinchey

Audiophyte
OK gotcha. I'm just waiting on lovinthehd to see if he has one he wants to part with. China mail is sooooo slowwwwww.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Usually there's only a few different mics through all avrs using a given measurement system. I know with Audyssey there's only a couple mics and wasn't even sure with MCACC that there's more than one (or YPAO for that matter).

China mail? I already responded to your pm in any case....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis