Which brand makes the best quality loudspeakers?

Who makes the best speakers

• Aperion Audio

Votes: 22 3.1%
  • Axiom Audio

Votes: 18 2.6%
  • B&W

Votes: 154 22.0%
  • Harman (JBL, Infinity, Revel)

Votes: 156 22.3%
  • Klipsch

Votes: 106 15.1%
  • Martin Logan

Votes: 59 8.4%
  • Paradigm

Votes: 79 11.3%
  • Polk

Votes: 40 5.7%
  • PSB

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • RBH Sound

Votes: 42 6.0%

• Total voters
A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
For those that like or have listened to Paradigm Studio 20's, what are some i.d speakers that one would find similiar? By that I guess my enjoyment comes from the detail and accuracy I feel they give. My brother-in-law wants a similiar sound but not the same budget. HTD or others?

S

SearchofSub

Banned
You should really add Tekton to the list. They are like the new foundation where all loudspeakers should be measured to.

fanging

fanging

Banned
this poll is not very perfect, every loudspeaker has its own price. we should figure which is best in the same price zone

M

Mark of Cenla

Full Audioholic
My favorite speaker company is Boston Acoustics. My second favorite is Polk, the one I voted for. Third is JBL. We have one pair of each in this house, well two pairs of Bostons. Peace and goodwill.

sgtjim

sgtjim

Junior Audioholic
Did everyone vote for the one's they currently own or have owned in the past?

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
I think I probably voted Revel or KEF, even though the only one on the list I could say I've ever owned is RBH (which are still awesome btw)

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Wait, what? What are you insinuating? :D

We try to buy and own the speakers that sound the best. ;)

H

Hyperion

Audiophyte
B&W 802 sound about right for me that is

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
There must be a lot of closet Paradigm fans, because they never get any love on these boards :p

Having invested some $$ into Golden Ear recently, would like to see these get added to the list, what they are doing at such low price points is impressive!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think the problem is that all of us audition most speakers at stores/shops/dealers, not in our own rooms and setups.

I have heard Paradigm speakers twice, but never in my own room and setup.

So, of course, my negative opinions of Paradigm is unfair to those who have actually heard the Paradigm in their own rooms and setups.

I hear DefTech bashing all the time usually by people who have not heard the DefTech in their own rooms and setups. I have owned DefTech and I think they can sound excellent compared to all the speakers I've heard and own.

When I auditioned the RBH Signature T2 speakers, it was "optimized" in the dealer's own house and setup. They sounded awesome. When I auditioned the KEF, it was also in the dealer's house and setup. I heard the Studio2 at a shopping mall, though, and they sounded awesome. :D

Last edited:
Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Even I am comfortable admitting that I was not originally that impressed when I listened to the Studio 100v5 at the first place I demo'd them. Poor room setup. When I was ready to buy I went to my dealer who has the room properly set up and there was a noticeable difference and I have been extremely pleased with them in my HT Room. I was very happy with the $1200/pair of Studio 60v3 they replaced so I had more confidence in my purchase.

As for the Studio2 They would probably sound good anywhere and for that price the should! :)

S

sfuerig

Audiophyte
It is easy to figure it out is you don't take the price into consideration

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You're probably right on this, from what I heard they're more than amazing :D
Oh, crap, I forgot that KEF isn't even in the list! :eek:

Okay, so it's between Harman ($70K JBL Everest) and RBH ($60K T8). :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com