J

jayantadak

Enthusiast
Which AVR amongst Yamaha, Denon, Marantz and Pioneer will go best for Wharfdales Diamond 10.6 speakers. Please specify the model number as well.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Any of those companies will make a receiver that will go with those speakers. I own Wharfedales and I have used a model from each of those brands except Yamaha over the years.

The question to you would be: What is your budget?; How large is your room?; Which room correction do you prefer?; How loud do you play your movies?

J

jayantadak

Enthusiast
@adk highlander,
@little wing,

My room size is 16 x 10 feet, around 160 sq.ft. And my budget is around $500. Upwardly flexible if necessary.

G

Goliath

Full Audioholic
Which AVR amongst Yamaha, Denon, Marantz and Pioneer will go best for Wharfdales Diamond 10.6 speakers. Please specify the model number as well.
Denon amps tend to sound uninvolving, but detailed. Marantz will make fine music, involving and inspired performance with lots of warmth. Yamaha will sound very, very bright and harsh, but energetic. Pioneer sounds cold and flat, ignore it at all costs!

I'm just kidding. :D

Any of those brands will work great for those speakers. If choosing Denon, the X500 or X1000 are good options. If choosing Marantz, the NR1604 or SR-5008, but Marantz is basically a more expensive Denon. :)

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Call Electronics Expo and ask about the Denon X2000 for $400 shipped.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis