Which AV Products Should Come Back?

What's your favorite AV product that should make a come back?

• 8-Track Player

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Lexicon Blu-ray Player

• Mi-Horn Speakers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Audioholics GLOB Speaker Cables

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Dolby Atmos-enabled speakers

• None of the Above

Votes: 18 75.0%

• Total voters
lvb1770

lvb1770

Enthusiast
I recently listened to some 8-track tapes after getting my ancient player out again, and, uhhhh, no! No need, not even nostalgia, for them to see the light of day again - lol. Also, I couldn't help to think how embarrassed Ray Dolby would probably be to see his name on that cash grab, idiot engineered, Dolby Enabled(c) speaker. I'll pass on that too.

Steve Eddy

Steve Eddy

Audioholic Intern
I recently listened to some 8-track tapes after getting my ancient player out again, and, uhhhh, no! No need, not even nostalgia, for them to see the light of day again - lol. Also, I couldn't help to think how embarrassed Ray Dolby would probably be to see his name on that cash grab, idiot engineered, Dolby Enabled(c) speaker. I'll pass on that too.
Just for nostalgia, it would be kind of fun to get an old 8-track deck, go inside and add a good DAC, replace the display with a little LCD, replace the tape head with a USB socket, and then get an old tape and fit it with a big ass SSD and a USB plug to align with the socket inside the deck and have yourself a cool 8-track music server. :D

se

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
I've been racking my brain coming up with something that IS worthwhile bringing back. I'm sure it's out there! Some great idea that was overlooked and dismissed due to ignorance or just being ahead of the time or technology.

There are a few recent great ideas that just haven't caught on. Any form of HD music for instance (I just was digging through my CD collection and found a couple of DTS music disks..). There's also the home network/cloud-NAS. It seems many of my friends don't understand this concept. They're confused why I'm not using my phone to stream music through Bluetooth.

As an aside, I remember listening to Pink Floyd Animals over and over through the 8 track. It was one of those where it seemed all the songs were split. Remember the fade out, fade in when changing tacks?

Scaleguy

Scaleguy

Enthusiast
I remember playing with my parents 8 tracks as a kid. What about beta video cassettes or 45 / 33 records? I show my kids some of these items and they just can't believe we used to buy these items.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis