Which amp to buy?!?!?

H

hextall27

Audioholic
New to the forum and I'm looking to upgrade my amp. Currently have a Sony Dn840. Just purchased a Sony 4K tv (930d). Getting a Samsung 4K blue ray player for Christmas! I have a small living room which I'm running 2 klipsch rf28's in the front, 2 klipsch rb 61 bookshelfs in the rear and a klipsch 5.25 in center channel along with an older klipsch 12 sub. I'm looking to upgrade the amp for one that has HDR. THOUGHTS????? My gf is going to get me one for Christmas....$1000 max! Thanks and I look forward to your input!!! Great site!!

H

hextall27

Audioholic
I was leaning toward the 4200, found it for $749 with free shipping

H

hextall27

Audioholic
Yeah from what I've read it seems like a good unit. Never had denon before

H

hextall27

Audioholic
Might have a line on a marantz sr7010....I see people using a quality amp to push just fronts and a pre amp to push rears and center! Is that something I should be looking at??? I'm quite naive at av stuff

ski2xblack

ski2xblack

Audioholic Field Marshall
Given your Klipsch speakers and small room, it's highly unlikely you would benefit from an external amp (unless the ultimate goal is an eviction notice). HERE is a helpful article and systematic approach to your question about external amps.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Might have a line on a marantz sr7010....I see people using a quality amp to push just fronts and a pre amp to push rears and center! Is that something I should be looking at??? I'm quite naive at av stuff
FWIW Pre-amp only provides a signal for an amplifier (via pre-amplifier outputs, or pre-outs). Unless the rears and centers are active speakers (i.e. self-powered with built-in amps) then they are also powered by an amplifier (the ones in the avr in the example of a Marantz 7010).

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
I agree with the others in that I don't think you need an amp. The Denon or Marantz receiver would do just fine.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis