D

David Hollowell

Audiophyte
Two years ago I purchased a Samsung UN55HU8550 3d TV. I got a Yamaha RX477 receiver Klipsch RF 82, klipsch RC 62 center a klipschs sw450 with two small satellite rear surround. I am ready to really go much bigger. I went back and fourth several weeks on where to start, TV or Audio. So I just purchase the LG 65 7P oled. I have been looking at the Denon AVR 7200 and the Yamaha RX 3060, Go with one more klipsch Sub Woofer and the using the klipsch RP250S. Please and advice would help me. there is so much electronic out there. How crazy does this system seem. This system build has been in my head for a while. If you or any one think its all miss matched this is why I post on forum,
FOR HELP, David

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Two years ago I purchased a Samsung UN55HU8550 3d TV. I got a Yamaha RX477 receiver Klipsch RF 82, klipsch RC 62 center a klipschs sw450 with two small satellite rear surround. I am ready to really go much bigger. I went back and fourth several weeks on where to start, TV or Audio. So I just purchase the LG 65 7P oled. I have been looking at the Denon AVR 7200 and the Yamaha RX 3060, Go with one more klipsch Sub Woofer and the using the klipsch RP250S. Please and advice would help me. there is so much electronic out there. How crazy does this system seem. This system build has been in my head for a while. If you or any one think its all miss matched this is why I post on forum,
FOR HELP, David
Whether starting from scratch or upgrading the starting point is the speakers.

If you want a better TV that is fine. However changing the electronics alone will not get you a bigger system.

There are better and more potent speakers and subs out there. Double the number of subs of the same type will only gain you 3 db, which is barely significant.

If you want bigger, then you need big boy subs and speakers.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd upgrade speakers and subs and then see about any needed change in the avr; I wouldn't buy Klipsch subs, tho. Your Klipsch speakers have relatively high sensitivity so the amp in your avr is probably fine but if you want updated features or connectivity then a new avr may be in order as well. Budget would definitely help....

Pedro Alvarado

Pedro Alvarado

Full Audioholic
well, you will not like any of my input. i am not a fan of the klipsch sound. meaning, if you buy any of my suggestions, you will not like them lol

Sharp LC-60LE632U
HK AVR 3600
Def Tech BP 2004 TL
Def Tech CLR 2002
Def Tech BP2X
AudioSource SW Fifteen
room size 15d 17w 10h

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I think a real subwoofer (or 2) would be a meaningful upgrade. As far as "matching", any sub will work with any speakers. That's a fairly large space you have and that 450 would be woefully underpowered, imo. Upgrading my subwoofers made a bigger impact on my overall sound quality than pretty much anything I've done.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis