Where to look for a "receiver slider" or "spinner"?

B

BuddTX

Audioholic
Do not know what it might be officially called, so it is hard to do a search on the topic.

Looking for some piece of hardware that will allow me to either slide out, or spin my reciever around, so that I can access the back.

Spinning would be prefered.

I would have called this a "receiver turntable", but that might get confused with another turntable.

Thanks.

WorkerBee

WorkerBee

Junior Audioholic
Trying to remember the names of those things are driving me crazy! They are inside what is sold at Walmart and Best Buy. Two flat metal rings with ball bearings sandwiched in the middle and they work great. Sold at Home Depot and about any local lumber yard {home store}. Pretty cheap 10-15 bucks and if you put 8 or 10 rubber bumpers on either side it would work perfect if you want swivel only . They come with different weight capacities, usually the bigger the more they can support.
AAARRRRGGGGHHHH any carpenter cabinetmaker can tell you the name and yes I still can't remember the name of the darn thing. :eek:

B

BuddTX

Audioholic
WorkerBee said:
Trying to remember the names of those things are driving me crazy!
Now that you posted this, I remember, it is a LAZY SUSAN!

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Budd:

I just saw the Middle Atlantic also makes a high quality unit that can be installed into existing wood work (ie: your entertainment center) that allows the equipment on a shelf to slide forward, then rotate around.

The piece is bolted securely (your responsibility) to your piece of furniture, then you can load your gear on it. Just be darn sure that you are bolting it to something solid.

Oh, here's the website: http://www.middleatlantic.com/enclosure/roll/asr.htm

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis