where to hang the TV in this room?

N

nooblet

Enthusiast
open to all ideas except hanging on the fireplace .. (would be too high) .. I haven't bought any kind of mount or furniture for the TV yet, so anything goes .. if it matters, it's a 60" .. LMK what you think, thanks

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Offhand, somewhere on the "blank wall" looks like an obvious choice but a lit depends on what the seating arrangements are.

N

nooblet

Enthusiast
Offhand, somewhere on the "blank wall" looks like an obvious choice but a lit depends on what the seating arrangements are.
my thoughts too .. not sure what to do w/ the furniture though .. two recliners and a sofa .. I don't like that the recliners backs would be to the fireplace, or the sofa's depending on the placement .. may just have to roll with it that way though ..

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
my thoughts too .. not sure what to do w/ the furniture though .. two recliners and a sofa .. I don't like that the recliners backs would be to the fireplace, or the sofa's depending on the placement .. may just have to roll with it that way though ..
I agree with Mark. Please, please please DON'T put your TV above the fireplace. I hate that. It's usually WAY too high.

How about putting the sofa and the recliners back-to-back with the sofa facing the TV and the recliners facing the fireplace? Kind of gives you 2 different seating areas in the same room.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I agree with Mark. Please, please please DON'T put your TV above the fireplace. I hate that. It's usually WAY too high.

How about putting the sofa and the recliners back-to-back with the sofa facing the TV and the recliners facing the fireplace? Kind of gives you 2 different seating areas in the same room.
My thought are the same. It kind of splits the room into two but still lets everyone talk together.

runswithscisors

runswithscisors

Audioholic
Some recliners like these would allow a quick change up from TV to fireplace viewing. What are the room dimensions? Do you have room to fit a sub(s) in the front corner(s) without the outside door(s) interfering? How many people are you planning on seating in the room for watching movies/TV, or for other purposes?

Be careful about putting the seating in the center of the room, that's a bass dead zone.

Image from HSU website. Note, I do not necessarily agree with the image on the right.

Last edited:
T

Time_Stand_Stil

Junior Audioholic
Instead of wall mounting how about doing a corner set up on a nice A/V gear stand. I supposed your speakers in type and such to give you an idea of a layout.

Your room is very tough with all the windows but it large enough to be versatile in my idea shown here.:)

Attachments

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
This is an excellent suggestion.

Instead of wall mounting how about doing a corner set up on a nice A/V gear stand. I supposed your speakers in type and such to give you an idea of a layout.

Your room is very tough with all the windows but it large enough to be versatile in my idea shown here.:)
I do this. My room won't accomodate the traditional seating arrangement as in a theatre so I have a free-standing rack with an extender on the back that holds the set at a good viewing height, with the center just below it and the mains on either side of the stand. Plus, it'll still allow in light from the windows.

There's a plethora of stands out there that can accomodate large sets. HERE'S a selection from a well known retailer. I'm sure you'll find others if you try.

N

nooblet

Enthusiast

this is the goods right here .. I like it, gonna run it by the wife .. thanks

N

nooblet

Enthusiast

this is a good idea too .. I would need more furniture for the TV viewing area though .. need seating for at least 5+ .. was also hesitant to "block" the fireplace w/ the sofa from the entrance of the room

T

Time_Stand_Stil

Junior Audioholic
this is the goods right here .. I like it, gonna run it by the wife .. thanks

Some corner designed AV stands are angled so as to not forgo much space behind. On top of that some wall mounts are designed to pull out and even angle left or right IF you and your wife want to mount your t.v. on a wall.

If your room is actually 20'x20' its SQUARE and among the toughest to not have standing wave problems. An angled layout as I has presented will break up the Length x Width being equal ratio to each other as to where your seating is placed helps make this ratio more broken up to each person seated in room.

It's all going to be a compromise but one that may if you work it out well yield satisfactory results.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis