Where to buy & download .wav?

M

MidnightSensi2

Audioholic Chief
.flac is more common. There are a few sites that sell classical albums lossless, expensive. Beatport does electronic music and you can buy lossless there (although at an overly expensive price too, might as well buy the record if available). As far as mainstream, I don't know of a good one.

I try an stay on the straight and arrow and still buy CDs. Brutal, huh?

I know someone with a consious that buys off iTunes/Amazon and then downloads the lossless torrent from a torrent site. Hehe. Crazy in my opinion, but, mainstreams perception of quality is so careless that I think it's a non issue for anyone except our nitch.

I use foobar2000 (Windows) to play .flac files, btw.

B

bikemig

Audioholic Chief
Wav files eat up a lot of space and you can't tag them. You're better off downloading flac; you can always convert it to wav if you like. I buy CDs and rip them to apple lossless but there are a growing number of commercial sites where you can download high quality files. HD tracks that TLS guy linked to is maybe the best one out there but there are others if you google around. I've been subscribing to B&W Society of Sound which is pretty reasonably priced if you like their music. You might want to check out this site as well, http://www.2l.no/. It has some really interesting music and a number of free hi res music files you can download.

Last edited:
A

audiofox

Full Audioholic
If the files must be in WAV format, just convert them from their existing lossy format to WAV with one of a number of files converters-I use XLD for the Mac, which converts virtually any file type to the others,and there are numerous Windows equivalents as well. You can convert MP3s to WAV (ie, if you want to burn them onto a CD), but the quality will only be as good as the lossy original you convert from.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis