where can i get xp sp2 cd?

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
i was trying to install xp media center edition on my computer yesterday and i got through the first 2 disks and then it told me i needed an xp service pack 2 cd. so i had gotten a "update" cd with it so i tried it, but it wasnt it. i downloaded the service pack 2.exe file from microsoft, still didnt work. it seems the cd needs to have all the files uncompressed or whatever. i can load the files one by one from a usb drive but that would take a really long time to find and download them all. so do you know of anywhere i can download a service pack 2 .iso or something where it will have all of the files uncompressed?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Which version of XP are you running?

Also, can you get to the point that you can run Windows Update? If so, that should download the service packs for you.

C

craig7

Senior Audioholic
Which version of XP are you running?

Also, can you get to the point that you can run Windows Update? If so, that should download the service packs for you.
i have no os installed. i can skip the part of the setup where it asks me for the sp2 disk but then when its done im left with something that looks like windows 2000 that im told is xp media center service pack 2. and it doesnt really do anything. there is no internet explorer. theres barely anything. i cant even connect to the internet to do the update. in a few days im gonna try and make it a hackintosh though but i dont think ill get much support for a tv tuner card on snow leopard. im gonna give windows 7 a shot too because now my hardware is fairly up to date

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
That's probably a good idea. Win 7 doesn't have tough hardware requirements and there have been a lot of sales lately.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis