G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
I finally found some speakers that I love.
After 5-6 months of learning tons from my Audioholic bretheran and auditioning at least 15 different speakers, I heard one model that had everything I was looking for. They sound glorious...detailed, balanced, full, punchy, great soundstage and they rock! They are beautiful...towers but not too tall, a few different wood types and colors, in a high gloss piano finish. My god, I love evrything about these speakers. I just cannot afford them. They aren't super expensive, $1900, but my budget is $1000 max. I know we all spend more than expected but my real budget is $800, hence the $1000 max.
Now I once again hope the good people here can help me. I'm sure when I'm ready to buy my next piece of equiptment, I'll have another round of endless stupid questions, but for now, I know what I want my speakers to sound and look like, and that is Quad 22L2's.
As I said, I can't spend $1900 right at the moment. Can anyone suggest another speaker that sounds similar to the Quad's for about 1/2 the price?
I know this is asking a lot. From what I've learned auditioning speakers, these are well worth there asking price.
I have no problem buying used if I can come close to this sound. I have a sub but want a mostly full range speaker.
I listen to mostly rock but some jazz, r&b, and classical.
Come on with it guys, I'm ready to buy some speakers! Thank you!

F

fredk

Audioholic General
Patience and a budget are your friend. Most of us have places we can cut a little.

If you can find $50 a week somewhere, 6 months is all that stands between you and audio heaven.

H

Highbar

Senior Audioholic
Did you think about looking on the used market? You can get some decent deals and might just find what you're looking for. Just a thought.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
What about DIY I am sure 800.00 could build some incredible speakers and there would be plenty of expert advice available right here at AH.

Thirsty93

Thirsty93

Audioholic
http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1244826221&/Quad-22-L2-brand-new
I finally found some speakers that I love.
After 5-6 months of learning tons from my Audioholic bretheran and auditioning at least 15 different speakers, I heard one model that had everything I was looking for. They sound glorious...detailed, balanced, full, punchy, great soundstage and they rock! They are beautiful...towers but not too tall, a few different wood types and colors, in a high gloss piano finish. My god, I love evrything about these speakers. I just cannot afford them. They aren't super expensive, $1900, but my budget is $1000 max. I know we all spend more than expected but my real budget is $800, hence the $1000 max.
Now I once again hope the good people here can help me. I'm sure when I'm ready to buy my next piece of equiptment, I'll have another round of endless stupid questions, but for now, I know what I want my speakers to sound and look like, and that is Quad 22L2's.
As I said, I can't spend $1900 right at the moment. Can anyone suggest another speaker that sounds similar to the Quad's for about 1/2 the price?
I know this is asking a lot. From what I've learned auditioning speakers, these are well worth there asking price.
I have no problem buying used if I can come close to this sound. I have a sub but want a mostly full range speaker.
I listen to mostly rock but some jazz, r&b, and classical.
Come on with it guys, I'm ready to buy some speakers! Thank you!

N

nitin_mehra20

Audioholic
What about DIY I am sure 800.00 could build some incredible speakers and there would be plenty of expert advice available right here at AH.
Or you may consider Axioms... For 800 you can get a pair of M60v2 and if you stretch your budget a little and can wait for 4 weeks, you can snag M80s for a little over 1100.

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
Thanks a lot guys...YOU RULE!!!
I thought I checked Audiogon but there they are, new, and at my price.:D
I read that the parent company also owns Wharfedale and Energy. Do these brands share drivers and the like?
Thanks again for the good advice and the beginning of my audio education.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Thanks a lot guys...YOU RULE!!!
I thought I checked Audiogon but there they are, new, and at my price.:D
I read that the parent company also owns Wharfedale and Energy. Do these brands share drivers and the like?
Thanks again for the good advice and the beginning of my audio education.
Make your move.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis