What's wrong with this picture

H

hrtbeat2

Audioholic
Ok I have a 42 HD RPTV. When I watch tv in HDTV vis component video the picture looks great! When I watch a DVD vis DVI on my Samsung HD DVD 841 the picture looks like crap unless it's a THX video then it looks better but still not as good as my HDTV picture. Are DVI better the component?

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Not often, there are a lot of people that complain about noise generated on DVI cables and poor image quality.

Hook your DVD player up via component and take a look at it.

ALSO: HDTV is a much better quality video signal than DVD video. No, I know your DVD player outputs 1080i or 720p - but the DVD video itself is NOT HD material. It is 480i material and has a much lower quality image than HD.

Try component cables.

H

hrtbeat2

Audioholic
My TV only outputs or inputs 480p 480i 1080i. I set the DVD to 1080i because I would think that's better than 480p? I know the my Monster crap cable(DVI) looked worse than the standard Samsung DVI that came with it. I will contact Vampire cable because they are right in my local area and maybe they will let me try a better component video cable than Monster wire. Or is their another brand you guys would suggest trying? I know that HDMI will look no different than DVI right? Thanks

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis