What's the NRT upgrade (in Seirra-1) ?

I

Iker

Enthusiast
Hello everyone...

Please can anyone tell me two things....

1- the sierra -1, can i get them with RAAL upgrade ( in thier website there is no any selectable choice to get this speakers with RAAL tweeters ?.

2- secondly, what's the NRT upgrade which available only in Sierra-1 ?.

Thanks a lote..
:):)

C

cschang

Audioholic Chief
1- the sierra -1, can i get them with RAAL upgrade ( in thier website there is no any selectable choice to get this speakers with RAAL tweeters ?
Yes, you can. This is not a standard upgrade, so it is not listed. If this is something you are interested in, you need to contact Ascend directly.

2- secondly, what's the NRT upgrade which available only in Sierra-1 ?.
This is an upgraded SEAS tweeter (softdome) tweeter. It is the same tweeter used in the standard Sierra Tower.

I

Iker

Enthusiast
Ok, so i can choose between them, i mean either RAAL tweeter or NRT upgrade not both ? Please.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
You've lost me. How could you choose both?
Speakers are usually sold in pairs. NRT for the left and RAAL for the right :D

Yes, couldn't resist pointing out the obvious and being a smarta$$

Actually, it kind of seems like he didn't know that the "NRT upgrade" was actually a "tweeter upgrade"

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Speakers are usually sold in pairs. NRT for the left and RAAL for the right :D

Yes, couldn't resist pointing out the obvious and being a smarta$$

Actually, it kind of seems like he didn't know that the "NRT upgrade" was actually a "tweeter upgrade"
I guess--but then there's post #2................

D

davef

Audioholic Intern
Ok, so i can choose between them, i mean either RAAL tweeter or NRT upgrade not both ? Please.
Hi Iker, I sincerely apologize for any confusion and for the somewhat condescending responses you have received here. Both of these upgrades are for the Sierra-1 tweeter. NrT upgrades the tweeter to a higher performance dome tweeter while the RAAL ribbon tweeter upgrade is for a custom version of the RAAL 70-20 ribbon tweeter.
Only one upgrade for the pair is possible.

Please feel free to contact us directly and we would be happy to discuss either option with you.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Hi Dave, no condescension here. Just having fun with Dennis.:D My apologies to the OP if I offended him.

I would love to hear the Sierra line up. I have you 340's and 170's and enjoy them very much.

OP, just call Ascend Acoustics. They are very helpful and easy to deal with.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Sometimes it amazes me why some people just don't pick up the phone and call the manufacturer .Contact Ascend Acoustics
Because most people are used to dealing with large manufacturers that have useless customer service.

From what I've read and seen here, Ascend does not fall into that category.

I

Iker

Enthusiast
Sometimes it amazes me why some people just don't pick up the phone and call the manufacturer .Contact Ascend Acoustics

This is the last thing, if you decide what exact you need.

But here. As i said, just sharing & exchange of experiences between us.
And here we are like a family.... Don't forget this.

Lastly all posts here help me and give me a big idea about what loudspeaker mean.

D

davef

Audioholic Intern
Hi Dave, no condescension here. Just having fun with Dennis.:D My apologies to the OP if I offended him.

I would love to hear the Sierra line up. I have you 340's and 170's and enjoy them very much.

OP, just call Ascend Acoustics. They are very helpful and easy to deal with.
No worries strongbadf1 and I am glad that you are enjoying your 340's / 170's! I was really referring to Dennis's post -- it was uncalled for.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
so has anyone here on the site done the upgrade? impressions? I picked up a pair of the Sierra-1's last week and love them but the high end could use a wee bit more sizzle. otherwise an excellent speaker.

Last edited:
Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
isn't DaveF the owner of AA? I was hoping for some unbiased opinions.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
so has anyone here on the site done the upgrade? impressions? I picked up a pair of the Sierra-1's last week and love them but the high end could use a wee bit more sizzle. otherwise an excellent speaker.
I have not heard the base Sierra 1 or NRT tweeters, but, the RAAL is one of the best tweeters I've heard. Recently got a eye opener when comparing to B&W 652 towers. The RAAL is miles ahead and the mids are better on the Sierra 2. The 652's can play loud, but, sounded like crap. In all fairness, the B&W speakers were not optimally set up and probably could have sounded better. But, the drop in sound quality was noticeable.

J

jsc1979

Junior Audioholic
I don't have the Sierra 1's, but I have had a pair of the 2's for just over a year. Absolute amazing speakers. I'm not sure I will ever by another speaker other than Ascend Acoustics with the RAAL tweeter. Customer service is second to none as well.

My buddy is a custom installer and I finally had him over for a demo this week. He said these were the best sounding speakers he had ever heard and he has heard alot of speakers. Blown away with the soundstage and clarity.

Can't wait to get some towers and a horizon for a full 5.2 system someday.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis