What's the Difference Between The On-Wall EMP Speakers?

tyreal78

tyreal78

Junior Audioholic
What's the difference between the EMP EW, 25, 30, and 35's?

Also, anyone own these or heard them? Recommend?

I have a pair of Bose 301's series III (Ooo, I know, bad word around here, Bose. I've owned them for over 15 year) and want to know if any of the EMP on-wall speakers will outperform the Bose.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
Height. 25 is 25"H, 30 is 30"H, and 35 is 35"H

I have a pair of Bose 301's series III (Ooo, I know, bad word around here, Bose. I've owned them for over 15 year) and want to know if any of the EMP on-wall speakers will outperform the Bose.
Yes.

tyreal78

tyreal78

Junior Audioholic
Haha. No, I mean in performance? What's the difference in performance? Sorry, I should of clarified that. Have you heard these?

tyreal78

tyreal78

Junior Audioholic
If you order from audioholics, you will have 30 days to answer that for yourself.

I can't explain how a speaker sounds to you.

http://store.audioholics.com/search?xSearch=emp+ew+on+wall&x=10&y=7
The only difference I saw was the frequency response between the 25, 30, and 35. I have no clue what that means in terms of overall listening quality. Other than that it looks like the cabinet size is the only difference.

And no, you can't explain how a speaker sounds to me, but you can explain how it sounded to you and if you were impressed by the sound quality overall. Bad day?

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
The only difference I saw was the frequency response between the 25, 30, and 35. I have no clue what that means in terms of overall listening quality. Other than that it looks like the cabinet size is the only difference.
If I can't explain the difference in the 25,30, and 35 to you with my simple response in post #2, how can I explain anything else?
Height. 25 is 25"H, 30 is 30"H, and 35 is 35"H
Style: On-wall Speaker
Power Handling: 50-200 watts
Woofer: Dual 5.25" Carbon Fiber
Tweeter: 1" Silk/Poly Dome
Sensitivity: 86 dB
Frequency Response: 48 Hz - 20 kHz
Impedance: 6 Ohms
Dimensions: 25" H x 7 1/8" W x 5 5/8" D
Weight: 16.5 lbs

Dimensions: 30" H x 7 1/8" W x 5 5/8" D
Weight: 19.5 lbs

Dimensions: 35" H x 7 1/8" W x 5 5/8" D
Weight: 27 lbs

While all three models list the same FR, I would imagine each larger enclosure would have a slightly lower FR.

Last edited:
Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
No. And I apologize if you are interpreting me as being rude, I just get so frustrated at how Bose owners are so blinded by the marketing hype behind Bose products.

Bose 301s do not sound good, yet in your mind, you are somehow afraid of real speakers being able to compare.

tyreal78

tyreal78

Junior Audioholic
No. And I apologize if you are interpreting me as being rude, I just get so frustrated at how Bose owners are so blinded by the marketing hype behind Bose products.

Bose 301s do not sound good, yet in your mind, you are somehow afraid of real speakers being able to compare.
I'm sorry. You have no clue who I am and what I think. I happen to believe my 15 year old Bose speakers do NOT sound great, which is why I'm in the market for new speakers. I purchased those speakers when I was 14 years old. I've been a member of this forum for awhile so I already know the details, specs, reviews, and opinions about Bose speakers. What a snob.

In my mind I'm afraid of real speakers being able to compare? I've never heard these speakers in person nor will I be able to, so I have nothing to compare, which is the reason I asked about them and the difference between each of the models besides the cabinet size.

Last time I come to this forum for any questions...

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
I love the thanks I get for looking at the speakers you were asking about, and finding the difference. Your initial post is worded as if you didn't see any difference between the models.

Then, over and over, you ask if the speakers will sound better than your 301s.
ANY speaker will sound better than your 301s.

You say you are aware of our(my) opinion of Bose, and then call me a snob for giving it to you. Unbelievable.

This is the classic attitude I get when trying to help a Bose owner. I know you feel stupid for owning them, but it's not my fault. You can see why no-one else replied to your thread.

Also, anyone own these or heard them? Recommend?

Last edited:
Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
I also love the way you come back and act like you knew the difference I pointed-out. Again, with no thanks to me.

Shocking, just shocking.

You do mention you don't know what frequency response is. I can explain, using your Bose in the sentence.

Bose, no highs, no lows.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Last time I come to this forum for any questions...
Please stay. I believe you were being modest, and honest, in at least your first 4 posts in this thread.

I do think it will be difficult to find any considerable number of folks that have heard any of these, let alone all of them in the same room or setup.

I do not think you should be rudely treated for having bought Bose. Heck, I bought a Monster HDMI cable, and still use it, and I would not want to be treated unfairly. I would throw some green your way to get rid of the red chiclet, but Im all out for the day. Come back soon, and I'll help fix that.

There are many brands out there, and I presume you ask specifically about EMP because you trust Audioholics. Welp, if it was me, I would err towards the largest sizes if HT is going to play any important role. I find power handling to be a real consideration, and I would be even more paranoid about any weakness here if they happened to be on-walls.

HTH.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis