What's the best way to connect PC to TV?

T

titzlaroo

Audioholic Intern
My choices for output on my PC are S-Video and the 15pin VGA. My LCD has a 15pin input, but no S-video (of course). What should I do to get the best resolution without a converter box?

I believe a couple options are to go from S-video out into RCA (red, white, and yellow), or can I do 15pin VGA to HDMI?

One last question....Can the old RCA composites be out into the newer composites (red, blue, green)?

thanks

jinjuku

jinjuku

It seems VGA...

Is this a laptop? Is it a desktop? If desktop do you have AGP slot for graphics or PCI Express?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
My choices for output on my PC are S-Video and the 15pin VGA. My LCD has a 15pin input, but no S-video (of course). What should I do to get the best resolution without a converter box?

I believe a couple options are to go from S-video out into RCA (red, white, and yellow), or can I do 15pin VGA to HDMI?

One last question....Can the old RCA composites be out into the newer composites (red, blue, green)?

thanks
I'd go out on the limb and guess if you have s-video and vga output on your pc - you have a laptop (I don't know why most AHers assume its a desktop first :)

Best way to connect it is using vga cable granted your tv has the right input.
forget about s-video, while it's marginally better than composite - it still crap.
Checkout vga cable prices at monoprice.com

T

titzlaroo

Audioholic Intern
it's a laptop. I'd like to just work with what I've got as far as ports go.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
VGA to component is also decent.

HDMI or DVI is truly the way to go in today's era though.

T

titzlaroo

Audioholic Intern
Thanks for your help! VGA it is.

Oh, one more thing...

And I'd like you to read carefully what I said before:
Really? No need to get smart. If you look at the time your post and my previous post were entered you would see that we were replying at the same time. It would be hard for me to "read carefully" a post that had not been entered before I decided to reply.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Really? No need to get smart. If you look at the time your post and my previous post were entered you would see that we were replying at the same time. It would be hard for me to "read carefully" a post that had not been entered before I decided to reply.
:eek: Yea, now I noticed your 1st response timestamp is same as first post...
Sorry, if you have had time to read my response then reply like you did - that would be a bit upsetting for me, but alas I guess I jumped the gun. sorry

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis