What's going on with Sherbourn?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Am I crazy or does it seem like they are liquidating everything? I saw their $2k pre/pro for $399. That's a pretty big discount (makes me kinda want one).

Any body know what's up?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I knew that, but I thought it had happened a long time ago. Makes sense now. Thanks.

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
The purchase happened a while ago, but the merger is new.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
That pre/pro is a great deal, but I hesitate due to the merger.

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Which pre/pro is it? I just bought the Sherbourne PT7030 from Emo. Being new to the forum and this level of audio, I had no idea about a merger.

S

sharkman

Full Audioholic
I knew that, but I thought it had happened a long time ago. Makes sense now. Thanks.
Merger is how Emotiva put it, but the Sherbourn name is coming to an end. Emotiva tried to re-invigorate the brand when they bought it, but failed. Most of the Sherbourn components made under Emotiva's ownership were simply rebadged Emotiva amps with minor tweaks at 2 or 3 times the price. It was an odd strategy that didn't work.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
It was a horrible strategy! As a dealer, I always look for good pricing for my clients and Emotiva suggested that I buy Sherbourn gear since it was the same thing. The problem was that dealer cost on Sherbourn was HIGHER than standard Internet pricing for Emotiva. I just bought the Emotiva stuff and passed it on. No discount from them, and no profit for me, but a good deal for my clients. Kind of silly IMO that there is no real reason for me to sell their stuff as they can't give dealers even a minimal discount. Still, good pricing for those who are DiYers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis