What's a good brand to buy for Component Cables?

N

nlf1187

Audiophyte
I'm looking into buying component cables for my dvd player and hdtv, but am a little overwhelmed at all that has to be considered when choosing which brand of cables to buy. From what i've read Monster seems to have good quality but is priced really high. Is there any brand out there that has Monster quality but at a lower price (preferably much lower)?

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Try Pacific Cables. I bought a 25' set of Python Component Cables for about $35 shipped, and they're nice, heavy true 75 ohm cables. Of course, shorter runs are cheaper yet.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I haven't heard of Pacific cables but I will have to check them out.

My recommendations based on experience are :
Bluejeans Cable
AV Cable
Impact Acoustics Cable

All of these are affordable and snake oil free ;)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
nlf1187 said:
I'm looking into buying component cables for my dvd player and hdtv, but am a little overwhelmed at all that has to be considered when choosing which brand of cables to buy. From what i've read Monster seems to have good quality but is priced really high. Is there any brand out there that has Monster quality but at a lower price (preferably much lower)?
Component cables are just video cables with color coded plugs for easy identification.
Besides what has been recommended by otheres here, you may want to check RadioShack, WalMart may have some video cables, Target as well, or
www.partsexpress.com

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I agree with Mtrycrafts, but if you need long runs (eg longer than 3 meters) I strongly suggest you look into Pacific. At retail the prices get pretty high when you get into longer runs. $30 for 25 foot components is hard to beat.

H

hdtvrocks

Audiophyte
gene said:
I haven't heard of Pacific cables but I will have to check them out.

My recommendations based on experience are :
Bluejeans Cable
AV Cable
Impact Acoustics Cable

All of these are affordable and snake oil free ;)
Can you comment on the quiality of the Impact Acoustics Velocity Component cables? I've seen them listed for pretty cheap. Do they use a RG6 connector?

D

Dessayfan

Enthusiast
Go with Blue Jeans, please.

After fighting the "cable war" for many weeks, my wife and I finally decided to go with Blue Jeans Cables - got them on the Internet. After testing many brands, we found these to be of the finest quality, both in wire and plugs, and the price was certainly right!
No - I'm NOT going to get into another silly "cable fight" with anybody - but please do yourself a favor, and type in Blue Jeans Cables on Google, then read all about them for yourself.
BTW - we went with Blue Jeans on the strong urging of an LA friend who is a professional recording engineer. He said either Blue Jeans or Cobalt Cables would be great - he uses both.
As you probably know, most wire sellers use Belkin cables of various grades, and thus you have a very good chance of getting Belkin no matter what brand you buy. Very High End wire excluded - naturally! ;)

U

Unregistered

Ok, so let's say we put aside anything over $100/m. That's crazy talk for sure.

How do BetterCables (about $45/m) match up to BlueJeans ($65/m) match up to the "consumer" brands like AR/RadioShack/etc for audio interconnects?

If we've all bought into the "Cables are just cables" mantra, why do people here continue to say great things about BlueJeans/etc or even anything over $30/m? I guess I'm having a hard time figuring out where everyone is drawing the line.

Not trying to stir the pot, just trying to make sense of the different things I keep hearing. Thanks!
-Mike

U

Unregistered

crap, ignore that last post, i posted to the wrong thread.

*sigh*
-mike

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis