Z

zilla

Junior Audioholic
First post in quite sometime.

Got the HT urge after building a couple systems in what seems like another life now...lol

Here's what I ordered this week after alot of research...

Onkyo NR609 accessories 4 less 269.99
Pair Pioneer BS41R $150 shipped amazon
Pioneer BSC21 Center $50 shipped newegg
(3) Boston Acoustics Soundware $34.99 ea

Yes that's a 6.1 setup. The previous owner of our house wired the surrounds and put a spot for 3. The way the room is setup, it should work out great actually.

Holding off on a sub for now, probably will get an SVS SB1000 eventually as it fits in the space I have perfectly. And because I have past experience with SVS that was tremendous (PB/2 plus I believe was the model).

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Receiver choice is spot on :).

I'd recommend going with FS52 and C22 , which are a big step up from the BS41 and C21. Look on TigerDirect for deals. The FS52 can be had for $200/pair and C22 for $60.

For surrounds and rears, go with the BS21, which will be more than sufficient for surround/rear channel duty. They are $80/pair on Newegg and may go on sale for as little as $40/pair.

Z

zilla

Junior Audioholic
Receiver choice is spot on :).

I'd recommend going with FS52 and C22 , which are a big step up from the BS41 and C21. Look on TigerDirect for deals. The FS52 can be had for $200/pair and C22 for $60.

For surrounds and rears, go with the BS21, which will be more than sufficient for surround/rear channel duty. They are $80/pair on Newegg and may go on sale for as little as $40/pair.
Thanks but no thanks. Space is an issue (as is WAF lol) so the speaker choices were made with that in mind.

What is so much better about the C22? 2 4" drivers vs 2 5.25" (C21 is the 5.25") ? :)

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks but no thanks. Space is an issue (as is WAF lol) so the speaker choices were made with that in mind.

What is so much better about the C22? 2 4" drivers vs 2 5.25" (C21 is the 5.25") ? :)
If space and WAF dictate bookshelf speakers, go with the BS22 and C22 for LCR and BS21 for S and RS.

The difference between the BS21/41/C21 and BS22/FS52/C22 is that in the second gen improves on the first gen drivers. Further, there is tweaking to improve mid bass quality and the speaker is flatter in mid range. Folks that have listened to both generations of speakers have proclaimed that the second gen is a justifiable step up. You can peruse this discussion on Pio AJ speakers at your leisure.

The BS41/CC21 will play louder than BS22/CC22, but the 22 have the potential to sound better once set up properly.

Z

zilla

Junior Audioholic
If space and WAF dictate bookshelf speakers, go with the BS22 and C22 for LCR and BS21 for S and RS.

The difference between the BS21/41/C21 and BS22/FS52/C22 is that in the second gen improves on the first gen drivers. Further, there is tweaking to improve mid bass quality and the speaker is flatter in mid range. Folks that have listened to both generations of speakers have proclaimed that the second gen is a justifiable step up. You can peruse this discussion on Pio AJ speakers at your leisure.

The BS41/CC21 will play louder than BS22/CC22, but the 22 have the potential to sound better once set up properly.
Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis