what speaker should I get?

D

dc4life

Audiophyte
I want front speakers for music and movies. I will be listening to probably 60 percent music. I was wondering of these speakers what one will be the best for very loud music?

ML preface is going to be 900 dollars for a floor model
av123 rocket rs750 is used for 500 dollars
I can get a b stock rs850 for 900 dollars.
Monitor audio Bronze BR6 Floor Standing speakers 225 for pair

Is there any other recommendations for floor standing speakers under 1000 that are good for mostly loud music?

Also are emp speakers good for what I am looking for?

Last edited:
Chatta

Chatta

Junior Audioholic
The Monitor Audio Silver RS6 are great for loud music, the bass is punchy and the treble is amazing.
also the Polk Audio TSi500 are great.
BTW, What kind of music do you listen?

Racer41c

Audiophyte
I want front speakers for music and movies. I will be listening to probably 60 percent music. I was wondering of these speakers what one will be the best for very loud music?

av123 rocket rs750 is used for 500 dollars
I can get a b stock rs850 for 900 dollars.
Monitor audio Bronze BR6 Floor Standing speakers 225 for pair

Is there any other recommendations for floor standing speakers under 1000 that are good for mostly loud music?

Also are emp speakers good for what I am looking for?
Not too sure about the MA Bronze. I just setup some Silver RS6's. With Music they sound exceptionally clear and very well balanced. They're all about quality over quantity so if your just about loudness they may not be the best for you. The tweeters in the MA speakers is just fantastic. I spent a couple hours at a Magnolia last week trying to listen to subs. I had the poor girl demo every speaker in the room and none of them could hold a candle to the MA's, save the Martin Logans.

The RS6 does lack bass drive so I'll be adding a sub to help them out. The other MA approach would be the 8's with the dual bass drivers, but now we're talking more money.

By the way, the MA Silver speakers are beautifully made. Call Saturday Audio if your interested. They carry A stock at the lowest price around.

D

dc4life

Audiophyte
Thanks

Today I went and auditioned the Boston Acoustic E-100 and they sounded pretty good. The original price for the pair is 5000 and I found a deal on them for about 1400 for both. They are each over 6 feet tall and have a rear tweeter and a front tweeter with like 6 5.25 inch drivers and 2 smaller mid range drivers.

I also auditioned the paradigm studio 100. I want not that impressed with them but they were going for 800 each and they had the nicest center channel I have ever seen. They also offered me store cost for any receiver I wanted If I bought both but it is just too expensive for me.

Right now I am stuck between the BA E-100 and the new EMP floor standing speaker. But I change my mind very fast so in a few days I might want the ML instead

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
They're only offering a 10% discount for a floor model - and, you still have to pay sales tax on the purchase? Right now, you can get the Prefaces for $999 a pair from Amazon or Audio Advisor with free shipping.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis