What size sound room do you have?

saywhat

saywhat

Enthusiast
Was curious what the dimensions of everyones sound room was? Sound or home theater rooms?????
Im curious to know as what I have now feels small and Im wanting to build on to the back of the house so I can have a larger sound/home theater room.

Thanks.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
My front Parlor is around 450sq feet with ceiling that goes over 20', its open to a loft that is open to the upstairs hallways, to the entry way that is open to french doors to my office, open to my hallway that goes to the first floor bath, guest suite, and parlor, kitch, and it has a large opening {7ft} wih 2 smaller windowless window type opening to the formal dining room, so this front parlor is pretty much open to the entire house, and that is where my 2.2 music only system is located.. No tv in that room, just a grandfather clock, 2 chairs, a couch, my juke box, a few guitars, tables, and my bar...

My living room is open to the kitchen and the hallway and stairway for the rest of the house, it has a fireplace and the comfortable couches, this is where wee watch tv all together and basically the most used room of the house... It is around 350+sq feet, has my 5.2 system in it, a roll top desk, sectional, coffee table, ect...

My guest suite parlor {which is really just a second living room we use when everyone is in the pool, we have an inground pool rite outside the guest suites french doors} this parlor is around 250 sq feet, I have my jade 5 2.2 system in there, with 5 200se's for the surround sound {they aren't hooked into each other, just in the same room, the subs are split into both systems}....

My office is around under 200sq feet, and it has my 2.1 desk system in it, that is actually the best room to listen to music in, I can shut the doors, and that system has no trouble filling the room with good sound...

My bedroom is where I have my tube/tekton system, and that is around 400sq ft not counting the bathroom, the speakers are really close together and setup just for music, again I have an entire different system for the tv in that room, nothing special {marantz slimline avr, nano surorunds, ect}

The problem with my house is everything is open to everything else, you can walk into every room minus my office and the bathroom without going through a door, and the openings are HUGE, 10ft opening on the living room to the kitchen and hallway, huge open staircases to the upstairs, its makes listening to music and watching movies at levels where the room gets enough power tough to do with out disturbing the entire house.....

I would LOVE a simple 16 X 20 room with tray ceilings, double french entry doors, and 2x8 common wall construction so I could insulate the shi!t out of them... I would do a simple 5.1 system for movies with a sub in each rear corner and then 2 up front, then I would have the 2 front subs spit into a music system that had its own integrated amp and its own towers... So I could watch movies or listen to music in that room, with no one bothering me, I would also do a projector and a couple flat screens off to the sides, so if i wanted to watch tv and have my laptop showing on one of the side screen I could, plus having a bunch of tv's showing music videos and screen shots while listening to music would be awesome.... but talking my wife into putting an addition on my already "to big for us" home is never going to happen, she said I could get rid of the gym and do what ever I want in that room, but thats not going to happen, so for now its just a dream, some day we will sell this house when the kids move out and build a much smaller 1 level home so they don't try and move back in... maybe then Ill get the dream audio video room...

I would have musical instruments everywhere, guitars on display, saxophones of all different colors hanging on the walls, gold records and old movie posters, a popcorn machine and snack bar with a real bar, wow this room just went from 200sq to 800sq... maybe thats why she wont let me do it..

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis