What New Stuff Have You Bought? If You Care To Share Thead! :)

TICA

TICA

Audioholics Accounts Manager
Decided to try the Parker ink. Not overly expensive, supposed to be pretty good, and prime shipping.

How did you like it? My daughter loves India Ink for her drawings and animation. Love to see more.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
It's pretty good. I'm not sure it'd be the best for animation and drawing, but it's pretty good for writing.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I needed a basic stereo receiver for the home we're setting up in Texas and brought out my Marantz 2270 in August. Somehow, when we got back last week, one channel stopped working and getting it repaired now will take some time and money. It's more the time without sound that worried me, and the fact I'm still researching local service centers that do vintage stuff.

That, and the fact that our new 32" Vizio TV has a very low volume level and we needed some way to boost that..

So, I copped a simple, BOTL Yamaha R-S201 to fill the void.

Yammy 201.jpg

So far, it's just what the doctor ordered: Four line level inputs, a tuner of yet tested abilities* and simple operation. No HDMI, video switching, no digital inputs. ...and it's got retro push-to-insert speaker terminals. (hey, they don' affect performance) But, one definite plus is that it has remote control.

This is the modern version of the basic stereo receiver many of us grew up with, not unlike a Mazda Miata is a modern version of 60's British sports cars. It does everything my old 2270 did and, for some reason, seems to sound a bit cleaner. I'm not used to these new-fangled digital/numeric volume controls but it does play loud enough to meet our needs.

Here's more on this. Strangely, it went up $20 in the last week.

http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio-visual/hifi-components/stereo-receivers/r-s201_black_u/

* Dunno know the lay of the land here. It ain't my usual NYC Metro area.

[Edit] OK, verdict is in on the FM. IT's pretty durn good. I'm here in the middle of nowhere (Brazos County) and using a little Terk indoor antenna. I let the receiver do an auto scan (to set the presets) to see what it came up with and it dragged in about twenty statoins fairly cleanly. Daddy happy.

Also, having a balance control on the remote is something I can't see how I ever lived without. Daddy VERY happy.

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I bought this

but returning it and exchanging it for this... Its not often one can replace 4 DVDs with their Blurays for $15.00

and I bought this;

Hello, My name is 3db and I have an addiction to Marvel Comics and will buy them no matter how bad the film is.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I got tired of struggling to read the size off the damned sockets of my old set!
Picked up a nice Stanley 69 piece laser etched black chrome socket set from Amazon for $43 ($10 discount automatically applied at checkout until 12/22/15)!
Most of the time when you see "69 piece set" you can bet it is about 50% driver bits. This is all ratchets, extensions, and sockets (SAE & Metric, deep and shallow sockets)!

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-92-824-Chrome-Etched-69-Piece/dp/B000KE6E1U/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1450303043&sr=1-1&keywords=stanley+black+chrome+laser+etched

Received it this afternoon and am impressed with the quality. The ratchets look and feel to be good copies of circa 70's Snap-On ratchets (not a bad thing). I had been looking at the high visibility socket sets from Harbor Freight, but this works out less expensive and HF are not even close on ease of reading and overall quality.

http://www.harborfreight.com/35-pc-38-in-drive-sae-metric-high-visibility-socket-set-62293.html

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I bought this

but returning it and exchanging it for this... Its not often one can replace 4 DVDs with their Blurays for $15.00

and I bought this;

Hello, My name is 3db and I have an addiction to Marvel Comics and will buy them no matter how bad the film is.
I would state the same Marvel Fan, over 15 long boxes of comics and multiple CGC Graded Cap Silver Age and first appearances etc. Even with that, I would never...ever...watch F4 again. It is by far the worst marvel movie to date.

I do like the Mission Impossible.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I would state the same Marvel Fan, over 15 long boxes of comics and multiple CGC Graded Cap Silver Age and first appearances etc. Even with that, I would never...ever...watch F4 again. It is by far the worst marvel movie to date.

I do like the Mission Impossible.
I agree with your F4 assessment,,,but still I just had tooo.....buyyy... it :oops:

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
I just got myself a 4K Samsung UHD TV. So i was thinking maybe its a good time to upgrade my entry level Denon AVR. Somehow i have to convince my Dad to upgrade the AVR too.

Anyways heres the pic of my UHD 4K TV :

Exact model is JU7000 40 inch

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis