What MHz do I need for a OSCILLOSCOPE for restore of a vintage Sansui receiver?

Aaron Bilger

Aaron Bilger

Audioholic
I have a Vintage Sansui receiver and I want to restore it to be like new but can't afford $300-$600 for them to do so and I see some OSCILLOSCOPES that ranges from 10mhz to 80mhz on most times but is needed to be in the $200ish price range? And yes I have worked on receivers of my own before I've worked on plenty of electrical stuff in the past.

Last edited:
TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a Vintage Sansui receiver and I want to restore it to be like new but can't afford $300-$600 for them to do so and I see some OSCILLOSCOPES online that ranges from 10mhz to 80mhz on most times but is needed to be in the $200ish price range? And yes I have worked on receivers of my own before I've worked on plenty of electrical stuff in the past.
If that is true, and the gear actually worked, then you don't need to ask this question.

The fact you are asking such an elementary question makes me certain you might actually have trouble replacing a light bulb!

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
It may be that Aaron has future plans after restoring the Sansui receiver.
There a two typical types of O-scope tests.
a] Audio frequency band. There are programs for battery powered lap-top PCs for this task. But caution is needed to not blow-up the sound card.
b] Wide band tests. These are to look for circuit oscillation and interference. A traditional O-scope that's good to 30 MHz would be suitable.

Aaron Bilger

Aaron Bilger

Audioholic
If that is true, and the gear actually worked, then you don't need to ask this question.

The fact you are asking such an elementary question makes me certain you might actually have trouble replacing a light bulb!
No you don't understand my question or maybe I didn't word my stuff right not using the online stuff but buying it from online and getting the physical real deal.

Aaron Bilger

Aaron Bilger

Audioholic
Ok so a OSCILLOSCOPE
you would find he is using one at 25:31
Something like that but new in price range of $200ish

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Learning is great, but to preface that you have experience is certainly far fetched. Many will teach you here but your post history contradicts you. I suggested a replacement remote in one of your threads which apparently went ignored, as we're advice in previous threads. Maybe start this one with " I'm not really sure what I'm doing can someone please point me in the right direction". When the last thread asked about parallel connections that are in the manual, it's hard for people to give advice on equipment that most enthusiasts wouldn't have a clue about. Please just ask the right questions and take the right advice.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis