What I've been doing lately.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
It seems I've maxed out my home's need and capacity for new audio equipment which takes a lot of the fun and excitement out of HT gear shopping. I seem to have developed a bit of a fascination with vintage watches and built a modest collection. I haven't figured out all the photography details yet but here are a few highlights from that collection, most from the late 50's and early 60's.

Hamilton Parker B

Hamilton Pacer Electric

Hamilton Bradford B

Hamilton Staunton

Hamilton Rodney

Hamilton Baron

These are among my favorites but it seems like I have an endless fascination with these old watches.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
It would seem we aren't the only people that were away... lots of other disappearances by some members.

Nice watch collection! I always had a liking to those old pocket watches... What I would give to own one... and a monocle.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Jolly Good, old chap. Every gentleman should have a monocle. Well, carry on then. Cheerio and all that.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I just want a Rolex someday...........:eek::D
This is the Rolex I bought new from the local Rolex authorized dealer (for the price of a good used car). I think there are much better values out there than Rolex if you're looking at fine watches. Rolex tends to focus on Diver's watches and there are many great watches in that style. It's almost like shopping for speakers except that watches only do one thing so it's like shopping for speakers that all sound the same.

I chose this one because it isn't a diver's style with the giant numbers on the bezel. It's more like a "stealth Rolex" because it doesn't really look like a Rolex at all at first glance. It's also much smaller than most other Rolex watches which I also find appealing.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Dave, will you be leaving us for Old Watch Aholics?:D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm also fascinated by high quality time pieces and I bought myself a nice TAG Carrera Automatic few years ago, but alas can't wear it due to carpal tunnel :(:mad:

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Dave, will you be leaving us for Old Watch Aholics?:D
Not permanently. I have a watch website that I've been frequenting. So far, my watch hobby has been going the same way my AV hobby went at first...i.e. spend a lot of money making a lot of mistakes.:D

I'm still plugging away at the AV system, slowly reconfiguring it. Now that the summer heat is gone, I probably won't be so tired when I get home from work and I'll be able to accomplish more. Foundry work in the summer is not really a great match.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis