What it is the best cable option.

M

mlarroyd

Audiophyte
Hi everyone,

We're going to contract some guy to replace our audio system cables and I don't want to get the cheapest cable in the market.

I really want something with low noise and shielded

So what is the best cable option to use in a Church Sound system and the connectors as well.

Thank you for the help

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
What class of cables are you asking about? Speaker cables? Balanced interconnects? Single-ended interconnects?

P

Pio

Audiophyte
If you're going to be using XLR - noise won't be a problem. If you're application is in a high RF area - "quad" XLR cables like the Canare and Mogami quads are the way to go.

P

Pio

Audiophyte
If you're looking for speaker cable, 12 gauge is good - 10 is better IMO.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Hi everyone,

We're going to contract some guy to replace our audio system cables and I don't want to get the cheapest cable in the market.

I really want something with low noise and shielded

So what is the best cable option to use in a Church Sound system and the connectors as well.

Thank you for the help
I recommend 14/4. It's more flexible than 10AWG and has a redundant pair of wires in case one pair fails for some reason or you can parallel both pairs to yield 11AWG resistance. I ran 10AWG in my entire house and it was a mistake. Very hard to work with. Go 14/4 or 16/4 - 4 conductor cable is a better route than 2 conductor cable.

B

brian6751

Audioholic Intern
I recommend 14/4. It's more flexible than 10AWG and has a redundant pair of wires in case one pair fails for some reason or you can parallel both pairs to yield 11AWG resistance. I ran 10AWG in my entire house and it was a mistake. Very hard to work with. Go 14/4 or 16/4 - 4 conductor cable is a better route than 2 conductor cable.

also makes great DIY cables

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis