What Is An Audiophile? … And A Quick Suggestion For Them

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hey lovinthehd,

Thank you for the welcome!

The acoustic of the room where I record the videos is awful. What you hear in the video is an edited audio. I use Pro Tools for the editing. Even if you hear some echoes on the audio now, there were a lot of them before. Trust me

Unfortunately, I can’t record the videos in another room (for now at least). But you’re absolutely right, I should find some better way to improve the audio even further. I must see if I can do something with the room or better audio editing with the software.

Yes, it is a never-ending journey… That is why I suggested to not get crazy buying the best gadget because there is always going to be something that will “improve” the sound quality. I was trying to be against consumerism rather than on its side

Cheers mate!

Hopefully you listen to music in a different room than the one you recorded the vlog in?

Andrea Cifani

Andrea Cifani

Enthusiast
haha. I definitely do. And with your suggestion, now both rooms (hopefully) will be acoustically adequate

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
Hello :), I'm new in Audioholics, I just wanted to share with you my video where I say what is an audiophile.

I consider myself as an audiophile since long time ago, and I share my journey in my video. I also say a quick suggestion on it.

I hope you'll like it :cool:

This is the video;):

And maybe you want to see it on my site:rolleyes::
www.jammingwave.com/audiophile-meaning/
Andrea
I just read the whole thread from beginning to end. Welcome to the AH and I hope you enjoy the wide variety of opinions and viewpoints that live here. Its always good to hear new voices and hear new approaches.

I haven't seen new folks do a video to introduce themselves before. I learn something every day.
Enjoy the AH. Its pretty unique

Andrea Cifani

Andrea Cifani

Enthusiast
Even this is not a fact. I seem to remember @TLS Guy managing to make these two mediums indistinguishable for his audience.
Maybe I've not set myself clear. I meant that in the vast majority of times, analog music sounds different than digital. Yes, there are times when it is not noticeable, yes, but that doesn't happen 100% of the time.

That is why I said that they sounded different and if somebody like a source and other people like the other... What is the big deal?

Yes, because @herbu simply didn't think of this before:D:D I'm kidding, don't let this get to you. It's just chat. Everyone here "went out and listened to both". That's a given'.
For me, music is something that goes beyond words and technical specs. That is why I believe that all of us will have a different approach to it. You wouldn't like something just because somebody will tell you that. You have to be part of the experience and decide what you like best.

I read your blog.

Look, you like what you like. No one here is questioning that and no one can so it's pointless. But you keep mixing what you like with what is flawed or not flawed and what you prefer with what is more natural and so on.

The crowd here is a bit tougher.

You can like what you want, but when it comes to faithfully recording music onto a medium, digital prove to be far more successful (this is not my preference I'm talking about). ALTHOUGH, just to keep things interesting, even today you can still find albums that sound better on vinyl, and if you want things even more interesting, vinyl is to blame for those albums sounding better on vinyl.:)

You should really read this, it was so fascinating to me, I can't stop thinking about it. You can read it all and I wholeheartedly recommend that, but you can jump to post No.10 and read on from there. This gives you a short version of this topic. It is very well written and very easy to understand.

It basically says this: like what you will, but if you're preoccupied with getting a faithful copy of the recorded material, still to this day nothing beats digital.
Oh I know, the crowd here is very tough as you said. I am learning already with just a few days of being part of it.

Thank you for for the info, I read it and it is awesome and it is very well explained.

Cheers!

Andrea Cifani

Andrea Cifani

Enthusiast
Andrea
I just read the whole thread from beginning to end. Welcome to the AH and I hope you enjoy the wide variety of opinions and viewpoints that live here. Its always good to hear new voices and hear new approaches.

I haven't seen new folks do a video to introduce themselves before. I learn something every day.
Enjoy the AH. Its pretty unique
Hey man!

I've been lucky enough to find this page just with a Google search. You have no idea in how much I've learned within a week of been here. There are a lot of folks that are expert in music and share their knowledge with no problem. That is awesome.

For example, with the help of @lovinthehd I was able to improve my audio quality of my videos, and now hopefully more people will understand what I'm saying (I already used the technique in my new video)

Thank you for your welcome in this Audioholics!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis