What do you think about what's gong on at the Capital??

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
I just don't understand how anyone that aligned themselves with Trump is surprised at all with what is going on. Par for the course as far as I can see.
I suppose I shouldn't be surprised but am still disappointed with the half-concessions. It would've been refreshing had even one of em stood up to him. The end result is just formality to me.

R

robfatts

Audiophyte
You've a link for that?

"Police have not yet confirmed Babbitt’s identity or confirmed details about how she was shot. The woman was shot by U.S. Capitol Police, D.C. Police Chief Robert J. Contee III told reporters on Wednesday. "
I watched a live interview when it happened on globalnews.ca. I should have recorded it. A young man for New Jersey had blood on his hands because the woman fell back on him. I'll see if I can find the video of the interview. The kid was shook up.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for posting, especially with a time stamp as I would not listen to about seven hours of footage :)

The young man assaulting the Capitol said "police or secret service" and "they" shot her, so in this I'll go with with D.C. Police Chief Robert J. Contee III statement as reported by Washington Post. I'm sure there will be an inquiry to sort out the facts when things calms down a bit.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
… It takes balls, which most Republicans and eunuchs don't have …
Moscow Mitch McConnell and Mike Pence finally opposed Trump last night. It's like they finally located the frontier of their courage. Or to be more blunt, they finally grew half a ball.

Too bad it was very late in the game, with less than 2 weeks to Jan 20 when Trump's administration ends.

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Moscow Mitch McConnell and Mike Pence finally opposed Trump last night. It's like they finally located the frontier of their courage. Or to be more blunt, they finally grew half a ball.

Too bad it was very late in the game, with less than 2 weeks to Jan 20 when Trump's administration ends.
Probably due to political arithmetic where they think that they gain more by opposing Trump than continued subservience, and certainly not for any principled reasoning.

Had they opposed Trump when the outcome of defiance was much more uncertain they could probably earned some respect. But now? Really? Without their silent consent of Trumps lies and actions after the election I doubt the violent insurrection would have even occurred.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Here's a sample of various opinion piece titles in this morning's Washington Post:

Trump caused the assault on the Capitol. He must be removed.
– Washington Post Editorial Board

Trump is guilty of sedition. Impeach him again.
– Max Boot

President Trump has committed treason.
– Dana Millbank

Trump, Hawley and Cruz will each wear the scarlet ‘S’ of a seditionist.
– George Will (It's a rare day when Millbank and Will agree with each other.)

We just saw an attempted coup d'etat. Blame Trump. Blame his Republican enablers.
– Eugene Robinson

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

Balls have nothing to do with that. He's incapable to have any. Simply down to very straight forward political strategy. GOP lost the Senate majority for the next two years (at least), which means turtle Mitch will be in a weaker position come 2022 General Senate Elections. They all figured (too late of course) that distance themself from tRump could only help them at this point at the next election. The turtle is also Blaming tRump directly for losing GA's senate run ("your votes don't count" fantasy - I guess some listed) and of course tRumps advisor blame GOP for not passing $2k checks. Klassy acts all around.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Here's a sample of various opinion piece titles in this morning's Washington Post:

Trump caused the assault on the Capital. He must be removed.
– Washington Post Editorial Board

Trump is guilty of sedition. Impeach him again.
– Max Boot

President Trump has committed treason.
– Dana Millbank

Trump, Hawley and Cruz will each wear the scarlet ‘S’ of a seditionist.
– George Will (It's a rare day when Millbank and Will agree with each other.)

We just saw an attempted coup d'etat. Blame Trump. Blame his Republican enablers.
– Eugene Robinson
I'll add Bill Barr's comments:

“Orchestrating a mob to pressure Congress is inexcusable,” Barr said in a statement obtained by POLITICO. “The President’s conduct yesterday was a betrayal of his office and supporters.”

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
I'll add Bill Barr's comments:

“Orchestrating a mob to pressure Congress is inexcusable,” Barr said in a statement obtained by POLITICO. “The President’s conduct yesterday was a betrayal of his office and supporters.”

I'd agree with Bill Barr now. But like Facebook, too little … too late. Where was this version of Bill Barr during his time as Attorney General?

Bill Barr, whether or not he is disbarred for his dishonest and unforgivable acts while AG, he will always wear the scarlet 'S' of sycophant to Trump.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Transportation Secretary Chao resigned.

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Transportation Secretary Chao resigned.

It seems the rats are escaping the sinking ship.

Former Sec. of Transportation Elaine Chao is a multi-billionaire heiress to a Taiwanese shipping company magnate. She is also Mitch McConnell's wife.

D

Dude#1279435

Audioholic Spartan
A source close to Pence says in so many words he feels betrayed by Trump's reaction to him. It's difficult to empathize considering he was always someone you couldn't trust. He's the type who would throw his own son under the bus. I mean you decided to run along side him. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis