What cable do I need to connect this sub to this speaker?

rolledoff

rolledoff

Audiophyte
Greetings all,

My speakers are PreSonus Ceres 4.5BT, and my subwoofer is a JBL 260P. My audio cable goes from the source to the speakers first. The speakers have a 1/4" balanced TRS subwoofer output, and the subwoofer has an L/LFE mono RCA input and a R mono RCA input. I figured the best way to connect the subwoofer to the speakers was to connect the balanced TRS output on the speakers to the unbalanced L/LFE RCA input on the subwoofer, and set the crossover setting on the subwoofer to LFE.

However, the speakers don't have a manual in order for me to find out if I can unbalance the subwoofer output signal just by connecting a TS plug (TS to RCA cable). So, I went the safer route and bought a TRS to XLR female cable from monoprice, and also a XLR male to RCA cable from them, with the idea that the latter would convert the balanced signal to an unbalanced one.

BUT, I just connected them, and no sound seems to come out of the subwoofer. :( I do know that the subwoofer works just fine (when connected to a friend's AV receiver) so that's not the issue.

I would really appreciate if anyone could point me towards the exact cable I need to purchase to get them to work. It would be a huge help. Thanks!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis