What Beer are you Drinking Tonight?

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Drank a few of the Keystone lights I prefer Natty. Any of you bourbon peeps have opinions on buffalo trace vs wild turkey vs even williams black label?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Drank a few of the Keystone lights I prefer Natty. Any of you bourbon peeps have opinions on buffalo trace vs wild turkey vs even williams black label?
Buffalo trace is fantastic! IMO better than the other two. But seriously. How can you ask about great bourbon in the same breath as keystone light? not even beer!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
One of our local brewpubs was bought by a SF one and just recently reopened. Went there last night with friends to try the new beer selection and was pleasantly impressed.

We tried Black Dragon stout, which was creamy and smooth. I also had a couple of Sweet Marie hazys, and another friend tried their Redwood Amber. All of them were pretty good.

They don't have all of what is on tap listed here for some reason, there are about 15 different beers: https://sunnyvale.laughingmonkbrewing.com/

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
One of our local brewpubs was bought by a SF one and just recently reopened. Went there last night with friends to try the new beer selection and was pleasantly impressed.

We tried Black Dragon stout, which was creamy and smooth. I also had a couple of Sweet Marie hazys, and another friend tried their Redwood Amber. All of them were pretty good.

They don't have all of what is on tap listed here for some reason, there are about 15 different beers: https://sunnyvale.laughingmonkbrewing.com/
I heard about this sale. Been a fan of LM’s Pilsner (Holy Ghost) for a while. Generally a good brewery with a penchant for slightly over hopping the brews, but not quite to the point of being overly bitter… mostly just a touch sharp, somewhat one-note.
In general, that sale looked like the parent company was interested in keeping those Pubs open. Hopefully it’s a good fit for everybody!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I heard about this sale. Been a fan of LM’s Pilsner (Holy Ghost) for a while. Generally a good brewery with a penchant for slightly over hopping the brews, but not quite to the point of being overly bitter… mostly just a touch sharp, somewhat one-note.
In general, that sale looked like the parent company was interested in keeping those Pubs open. Hopefully it’s a good fit for everybody!
Lots of restaurants and food industry in SF seems to be struggling lately. I am not sure how Faultline was doing, but I do think it is a good fit and hopefully it works out. It was pretty packed last night. I wasn't crazy about all the beers Faultline had previously, so this is an improvement I'd say :) They have a good location and a nice facility and the food is pretty good for a bar, plus it is just about a mile from my office lol. There were so many groups from our company there on a regular basis that we dubbed it "Building F" (Faultline).

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Buffalo trace is fantastic! IMO better than the other two. But seriously. How can you ask about great bourbon in the same breath as keystone light? not even beer!
Just looking to add a bottle to my liquor shelf. I don't drink any alcohol but beer so it will be for display only. With the occasional pour for a guest. I can get a 750 bottle of Buffalo Trace for $29 and I think it would look good on the shelf. I'd have to move the Even Willams off the display shelf though.

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Some Wild Turkey and Evan Williams can be pretty good. *shrugs

If you are buying for "display" purposes, find a cool looking bottle! ;) Blanton's is good for that.... Though it is more expensive Than Buffalo Trace and such.

FWIW, Elijah Craig is a good alternative if you have access to it.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Some Wild Turkey and Evan Williams can be pretty good. *shrugs

If you are buying for "display" purposes, find a cool looking bottle! ;) Blanton's is good for that.... Though it is more expensive Than Buffalo Trace and such.

FWIW, Elijah Craig is a good alternative if you have access to it.
Thats why I bought Bombay Saphire for the shelf. I looked into Blantons but it way more than I want to spend on something that I won't ever drink. Gotta love those horses on the lid. Deferent places in the race. :)

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Thats why I bought Bombay Saphire for the shelf. I looked into Blantons but it way more than I want to spend on something that I won't ever drink. Gotta love those horses on the lid. Deferent places in the race. :)
Ok, ok. We need a picture of this shelf please.
Also, the Bombay looks really nice, but if your guest wants bourbon, that’ll be a letdown! lol. I love whiskey and bourbon but just can’t get into gin. Although I do have friend who loves NE IPA’s and double IPA etc, and he swears they’re really similar. I think he’s nuts…

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
One shot of Jameson followed with a Guinness. It's as if they must've been cousins, or something.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Woah looks like whiskey and a dueling pistol they would have used at a duel at dawn way back in the day. Sir you have offended my honor. Pistols at dawn!
Lmao! Right?!?! Except the duel is we do shots to the death(pass out).
You probably noticed but the pistol is a shot glass. My friends mom works at a liquor store so we’re privy to some really cool stuff.

Last edited:
davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Ok, ok. We need a picture of this shelf please.
Also, the Bombay looks really nice, but if your guest wants bourbon, that’ll be a letdown! lol. I love whiskey and bourbon but just can’t get into gin. Although I do have friend who loves NE IPA’s and double IPA etc, and he swears they’re really similar. I think he’s nuts…
Actually, this is a shelf in my kitchen. Some of my more bottom shelf stuff is in a cabinet.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Actually, this is a shelf in my kitchen. Some of my more bottom shelf stuff is in a cabinet.
Wants me to sign into google. Not sure I even have an account lol.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis