What are you watching tonight?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
Nope. You’re not. The sound is Fukkin horrible. The signal is clipped all over the place. It’s a terrible track. And what’s worse is it won awards…
Oh thank the Lord I'm not crazy. It's simply awful and it bugs me because it should be great. It's the perfect home theater movie. Is the Chris Nolan thing I hear people complain about?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Oh thank the Lord I'm not crazy. It's simply awful and it bugs me because it should be great. It's the perfect home theater movie. Is the Chris Nolan thing I hear people complain about?

I’d say yes. That’s at least some of the Nolan thing. The biggest complaints on Nolan is that first of all, he is totally against Atmos. The other thing is dialogue. He sometimes makes parts of dialogue hard to hear. It’s an artistic thing and I can see using that in some places. Like interstellar. There are some parts that you aren’t supposed to hear clearly. But wtf is up with bain? Tom hardy is great, but hard to understand sometimes. I think they made Bain especially hard to hear. I don’t remember any of his soundtracks clipped like Dunkirk. But I hate it. Even at quiet levels, it sound like all my speakers are roached. Why does that get an award?

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Finished watching Invasion. Certainly a different take on how to do such a film from some people's view.
But now we are or at least wifie is confused about ep.10 end where the sergeant and wife is on beach and looking at another spaceship over the ocean?
And the 3 black objects out there as well.
They are back?

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I’d say yes. That’s at least some of the Nolan thing. The biggest complaints on Nolan is that first of all, he is totally against Atmos. The other thing is dialogue. He sometimes makes parts of dialogue hard to hear. It’s an artistic thing and I can see using that in some places. Like interstellar. There are some parts that you aren’t supposed to hear clearly. But wtf is up with bain? Tom hardy is great, but hard to understand sometimes. I think they made Bain especially hard to hear. I don’t remember any of his soundtracks clipped like Dunkirk. But I hate it. Even at quiet levels, it sound like all my speakers are roached. Why does that get an award?
It just sounded so bad, not like a modern movie should sound, like all new movies sound. It's a great movies, it's an important piece of history and it's a shame the sound is not so good.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
We watched Don't Look Up on Netflix this week and both found it very entertaining. A rather critical but funny social commentary on science, politics and social media. The scary part is how close it comes to reality at times. Great casting.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
We are watching an absolutely awful movie, knowing that's it's awful and loving it. Speed 2, it's a so bad it's good movie. At least it's free on HBO Max, 5.1 audio too.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Watching Ok State vs Notre Dame college football right now. Tie game at 28 late 3rd quarter.

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
Last night I started Arcane, the animated series on Netflix. I know nothing about League of Legends but I got sucked in to the story.

Jim

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Twilight Zone New Year's Marathon on SyFy, plus....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis