What are you watching tonight?

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Sorry....didn't mean to offend with the gif images....:(
Nooo! That's some cool clips your posting up bro! Like hey that's one bada$$ hotrod car you got..So, yeah that's some bada$$ off the chain lil move clips your posting. So no my 1st post was a Big compliment of your movie clips of Superman and the other's. Very cool bro.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Just finished watching, Inventing ANNA on Netflix. They did a really good take on her in this series. Of course Julia Garner, was outstanding.
Chick got 4 to 12 years, served less than 4.
Screenshot_20220217-080250~2.png

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai
Nooo! That's some cool clips your posting up bro! Like hey that's one bada$$ hotrod car you got..So, yeah that's some bada$$ off the chain lil move clips your posting. So no my 1st post was a Big compliment of your movie clips of Superman and the other's. Very cool bro.
Sometimes it's hard to know if someone is being sarcastic or attempting to convey offense to something someone posted via an online forum; thanks for the confirmation, brother. ;)

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
First round of the Genesis PGA tourney at the legendary Riviera course in LA.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Sometimes it's hard to know if someone is being sarcastic or attempting to convey offense to something someone posted via an online forum; thanks for the confirmation, brother. ;)
I know huh, with this being the internet and all. I try not to offend anyone, I like to joke around some on AH, well one's joking around may not be funny to another. Your welcome brother, keep them coming! Like I've said before, I've picked up some good movies to buy from your post.;)

SithZedi

SithZedi

Audioholic General
Going with Francis tonight. Terminate with extreme prejudice.

Found this great article on Coppola. Warning it's rather long. Damn he's 82 years old...

G

Gilbert Lopez

Junior Audioholic
I just popped in Dune for the second time. My subs really love this movie.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai

Prompted to pull it off the shelf after the announcement of the UHD 4K Blu-ray coming in a day or so...

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Question, is DC's Legends of Tomorrow worth watching? It's got 6 seasons.

Kaskade89052

Kaskade89052

Audioholic Samurai

1080p Blu-ray Disc from

To my eyes, the 16:9 1.85:1 transfer on the standard Blu-ray (from Anchor Bay) included with Lionsgate's UHD 4K disc looks superior for this low-budget splatter-fest. To begin with, I realize "original intentions" was to have this film shown at a full screen-esque ratio around 1.33:1 (actually, Raimi envisioned it at 1.66), and that's why Lionsgate presents it on 4K in that ratio, but it just didn't do it for me -- something about the image looked too squeezed-in, too claustrophobic (which some fans say works for this material, but I disagree) and, in an overall sense, too "small" to enjoy. The side pillarbox areas made the film -- and I said this about Zack Snyder's Justice League, as well -- feel more like an old TV show than a horror classic.

What's more, I didn't care for the overall aesthetic/look of the UHD transfer -- this disc has been getting rave reviews from online critics and the rudimentary YouTube crowd, but I just can't agree. Horribly grainy (to the point many sequences look like an out-of-focus softened mess), HDR that doesn't really pop or do anything for the visuals and an overall ugly appearance. I just didn't care for the experience in Ultra High Def.

Now, when I popped in the 16:9-friendly Blu-ray copy last night to compare, I enjoyed the presentation significantly more -- gone was the pillarboxing, instead replaced by a screen-filling 1.85:1 picture that seemed to just look cleaner, overall, compared to the UHD disc (probably because the resolution was lower, albeit upscaled by my Panasonic UHD BD player to 4K). The blacks were richer and darker on the Blu-ray, IMO, coupled with those same black levels that were more devoid of noise in the shadows compared to the 4K transfer.

So, this one is going to be like John Carpenter's Christine for me -- that is, I am going to reach for the 1080p Blu-ray when I want to watch it, not the 4K variant. And that's okay in my book, because the 1080p transfers on these discs look plenty fine...​

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis