What are you watching tonight?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

Started watching this on Neflix in 3D. The majority of the other titles looked pretty "standard" and this one sounded interesting. It is sort of a documentary/homage to a famous dancer/composer Pina Bausch. It is beautifully shot and looks amazing in 3D. The content however...is a bit odd unless you like impressionistic dancing. I can appreciate it and the skill and discipline it takes, but admittedly I don't entirely "get" it, and maybe one doesn't need to in order to enjoy it. It initially popped up and said "network connection too slow for 3D" but said retry and the second time it worked. It looked every bit as good as BD in 3D also.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Never saw Daywatch or Nightwatch by Timur Bekmambetov, but I was entertained by his US films Wanted and Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, so when Daywatch and Nightwatch showed up on Netflix recently I added them to the queue. Pretty interesting take on the genre and creatively done. Started Daywatch last night and will finish it up tonight.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Watched Once Upon A Time In Wonderland last night and thought it was just ok. I hope it gets better. The effects were pretty bad in some scenes IMHO. I know all the cast leads from aussie/british shows and the cast did a good job. I'll keep watching because if only of Sophie Lowe.:D

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
What a fun night with Flight of the Phoenix on Blu-ray, just wow! Bass through whole movie. My floors never ever shaked like this before.
Get it used on amazon for 6 bucks you won't regret it. This will be my go to, to check bass. The opening scene with Johnny Cash(I've Been Everywhere man) I played it 3 times. Thanks Fuzz for recommending it. The last scene in Band Of Brothers on the first episode where the plane leaves on their mission towards the end of the episode, holy moly rock em' sock em'.

Last edited by a moderator:
afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
The Mist on DVD B+ Bass workout when the tree hit the house. I jumped.:eek:
Well got to see Pacific Rim last night and dang what a BASS workout:eek::eek::cool:(Had to turn it down :() The first half kind of dragged, but the 2nd half is really when it got better. The graphics were awe looking and so well done. I enjoyed it. I'd give it a B+

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I am taking today off from work, forwarded all calls and told my service techs not to call me unless something is on fire... I have 3 months of dvr stuff to watch, but can not start it until rocky 2 is over.... lol

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
The Italian Job (2003). Saw last night that it's streaming on Amazon Prime.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
The Eagles Hell Freezes Over on DVD Seen this more than 5 times and still enjoy it.
Something About Mary Special Edition on DVD A+++ Have not seen this in years. Maybe my all time fav. crying so hard laughing comedy. Whenever they release a decent version on BD and shower curtain:p I'm getting it.
[h=1]Now Marvin Gaye - Live in Montreux 1980 [/h]

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
HFO only 5 times? I've seen it at least 25 times, but my copy was stolen...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Yeah about 5 times. The SQ is so good, although the rec. volume is low so you have to turn it up. It's gotta be the most long anticipated if it gets to BD concert ever.
Watched London on DVD. A+ just for the acting. Movie B- worth a watch.
Marvin Gaye - Live in Montreux 1980 Great performance. A+ audio. Video is pretty good, but looks a little VHS. Might be the best DVD out there on him live, so get it. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Watched Robot and Frank last night On Netflix. I've been waiting to see it for awhile. Loved it. A+

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I watched the first episode of "Leverage" on Netflix earlier today. I quite liked it. Hopefully the series stays good.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Spartacus First Season on DVD. Darn great show so far. Watched the first 2 EP so far...MOS BD might be next...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis