what are you drinking right now ?

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
A friend and I had a North Coast night, tried 6 different North Coast Brewery beers.

Several were quite good, most were good, one was awful.

G

Grador

Thought I'd add a picture to that last post. Old Rasputin is missing as I guess I already recycled that bottle?

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Damn, you were krazy! With that Trace: try muddling half a (highest quality) lemon that is quartered up, along with 4-5 mint leaves, pour some of the hooch in, and sweeten with some simple syrup (you can make some at home with the sugar you have, try 1:1, will last at least a couple of weeks in fridge, probably a lot longer, or if you're lazy, I guess you can throw some powder/confectioner's instead).

Shake with ice, pour over fresh ice straining out the stuff.

Last time I was making that, the friend I was making them for told me I couldn't make them fast enough, and he was telling the truth, he was drinking them faster than I could make them. Dangerously delicious: The Whisky Smash.

Optional garnish, a simple mint sprig. "Slap" the sprig on your open hand, and the bouquet just totally blows up. Nestle it into drink.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Thought I'd add a picture to that last post. Old Rasputin is missing as I guess I already recycled that bottle?

Old Rasputin is one of my favorite stouts.
I've been told Pranqster is good too.
Which beers didn't you like?

G

Grador

Old Rasputin is one of my favorite stouts.
I've been told Pranqster is good too.
Which beers didn't you like?
Brother Thelonius tasted like sweet angry black licorice beer, did not like it in the least. I too think Old Rasputin is the king of stouts, but the Old No 38 Stout was also extremely good. Great for when you're looking for a stout with a bit less punch to it. Scrimshaw was good, but I'm just not that into pilsners.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Last night I had a Bohemia, Delirium Tremens, Troubadour Obscura, and a Sam Adams Double Bock :)

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Screwdriver. I'm on a health kick...
I realize no one is ever going to try one of my suggestions, but I can't help myself here. If you must make it vodka, because it's generally flavorless, and it's not saving you any calories (it's all about the calories in spirits when it comes to calories), maybe try the below. I only know a couple with vodka, and if you try this easier one, you will probably give up the screwdriver completely.

French Martini, 1:1 juice:hooch. 2 oz pineapple juice, 1.5 oz vodka, 0.5 oz Chambord. Shaken is definitely preferred for its effervescence. The pineapple and Chambord add up to about 50 cal.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I realize no one is ever going to try one of my suggestions, but I can't help myself here. If you must make it vodka, because it's generally flavorless, and it's not saving you any calories (it's all about the calories in spirits when it comes to calories), maybe try the below. I only know a couple with vodka, and if you try this easier one, you will probably give up the screwdriver completely.

French Martini, 1:1 juice:hooch. 2 oz pineapple juice, 1.5 oz vodka, 0.5 oz Chambord. Shaken is definitely preferred for its effervescence. The pineapple and Chambord add up to about 50 cal.
I suppose the dry wit without a smiley didn't come across as intended. Let me rectify that. :D I like orange juice and decided to add a little vodka to it. It wasn't to save calories. :)

I do appreciate the suggestions, though!

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
I just got home, went to a friend of mines restaurant with a few friends and our wives , I drank blue moon blonde ales, I like them a lot, very good beer on tap... Not too shabby, I like regular blue moon too...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Would like to be having one of these nice and cold in the fridge, but I have a sore throat and I want to be able to taste it...

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
Sorry to hear of your sore throat. It usually happens to me after I stock up on Christmas beers. Cedar season tends to set in during December.

That label reminds me of roaring camp railroad in felton.

Anyhow tonight it's Brooklyn Brewing Chocolate Stout

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sorry to hear of your sore throat. It usually happens to me after I stock up on Christmas beers. Cedar season tends to set in during December.

That label reminds me of roaring camp railroad in felton.
The locations are not too far off the mark, both being on the California coast in the redwoods :) Throat is getting better, so I will be having one or two of these tonight.

G

Grador

Rogue Voodoo Donut

Nothing like a maple bacon beer when watching the pac12 championship game.

It's a very odd beer, not something you would want to drink all the time but certainly worth a try as a novelty.

H

hizzaah

Full Audioholic

Rogue Voodoo Donut

Nothing like a maple bacon beer when watching the pac12 championship game.

It's a very odd beer, not something you would want to drink all the time but certainly worth a try as a novelty.
Maple bacon? I frwakin love bacon... I was about to create this threat, but then I tealises that you've already got it. College house so: Jack, Jim, fireball whiskey. Absolute. Sailor Jerry's, dos, limaritas. And a few other things. We've got his thread on an othe rfoulrum I use, some I'm glad you guys have it too.. Hopefully auto correct it Serves me well :p

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis