Wharfedale Ultra Power Cube Subwoofers Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Wharfedale makes every component of the Ultra Power Cube subwoofers in house. Sporting dual drivers in a push-pull configuration and a remote, specifics of the UPC subs are sparse. We do know the 10" UPC-10 has a 500 watt amp, the normal complement of controls, and a LED readout with a remote. The 8" UPC-8 has the same except a smaller 350 watt amp. With stated response only down to 30Hz, the $1599 price tag for the UPC-10 looks a little steep. Especially considering the $1199 UPC-8 has the same stated extension. We'll have to see more when these subs finally hit US shores.

Discuss "Wharfedale Ultra Power Cube Subwoofers Preview" here. Read the article.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Own 3 of the sw300's {12" } and spent a lot of time listening to twin 380s {15" version} and for music they are awesome, for theater I prefer my HSU, but I like Wharfedales products... The new diamonds sounds awesome, the jades are incredible, and Im super happy with my evo2-40's...
I almost bought a set of Opus 2.2's but the evos were almost the same and after the 60% off only $800 vs $2500 for the 2-2's....

But anyway, Im sure this will be a good sub, I like the remote control function a lot, although some people will say they want manual controls {which would be a nice fail safe} but it is also nice not having any buttons on the unit.. Just dont loose your remote cause you wont be able to change the settings... lol...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis