Wharfedale Opus 1s in Maple $500 OBO

Rogozhin

Rogozhin

Audioholic
I've replaced them with some evo2s and they need to go! They've been well taken care of, but there is a split on the veneer on the left speaker just below the port, and I no longer have the spikes. And a few of the grill tabs are gone (notorious for these). They still sound perfect and will make someone very happy for this price. :)

I am willing to ship but it will cost quite a bit (rough guess is around $190 for the pair).

PICS

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
Did you sell these yet? Where do you live? And....Why did you replace them with Evo's? I thought Opus were big upgrades from Evo's.
Thanks

Rogozhin

Rogozhin

Audioholic
Did you sell these yet? Where do you live? And....Why did you replace them with Evo's? I thought Opus were big upgrades from Evo's.
Thanks
I live in Washington, but I'm willing to ship these.

I've had the original evos and the evo2s and I prefer the sound of the evo2s over both the evos and the opus1s, but I do not listen to music that much and I don't have the gear required to drive the opus to their potential (tri-amped).

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
Hey neighbor, I live in Puyallup. Did you go to the GTG in Oregon last year? Maybe we met there.
Can you describe the sound of those Opus for me? I've heard Evo 30 but not the Opus or Evo 30 2's. How is the sound similar or different from the original Evo 30's.
Thanks for your time.
My name is Kevin Griffin by the way.

Rogozhin

Rogozhin

Audioholic
Hey neighbor, I live in Puyallup. Did you go to the GTG in Oregon last year? Maybe we met there.
Can you describe the sound of those Opus for me? I've heard Evo 30 but not the Opus or Evo 30 2's. How is the sound similar or different from the original Evo 30's.
Thanks for your time.
My name is Kevin Griffin by the way.
Hi Kevin :)

Unfortunately I didn't make it to the GTG last year. :(

The Opus1s sound more laid back than the evo30s, but they have more depth and they're more melodic, if that makes any sense. The Evo2s have the latest softdome tweeter and that is what helps my room (large and very open above the mains) and they're able to project voices farther into the listening area.

:)

If you are heading this way anytime soon let me know!

Peter

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
Have you ever had any trouble blowin tweeters? I remember reading a lot about that? I'll bet that dome mid sounds super sweet though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis