Wharfedale - Diamond 9.5 Tower Speakers

J

jdrocs

Enthusiast
Some of you may already know this; I just bought a Denon 1908 and four inexpensive Acoustech surrounds. I am now looking for two decent (musical) sounding fronts and a matching center.

Does anyone know about these speakers and will my Denon use them efficiently as these speakers are rated at nominal 6 ohms?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
You should not have a problem driving them with your 1908. I have the EVO's and I know somewhere in the paperwork they said they would function well with a receiver that was rated for driving 8 ohm loads.

That being said they may give you more dynamic range with an amp driving them. Does the 1908 have pre-outs for an external amp? You could always get a 2-channel amp to drive them and take the load off the receiver to drive the rest of the speakers.

furrycute

furrycute

Banned
Go to Whaferdale's website, and take a look at the specs for these speakers. Are they 4 ohm or 8 ohm? What is the rated sensitivity?

For 4 ohm speakers, I would feel safer about driving them with an external amp. Most receivers usually can't power 4 ohm speakers properly. Even if you do get good volume from your receiver driving 4 ohm speakers, the sound is usually a bit lean, that's because the current is not there to drive those 4 ohm loads. A beefier external amp will give you a "fatter" sound.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis