Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speakers For Sale!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Have a nearly new set of Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary stand-mounted speakers in Red Mahogany for sale! Have the original box, literature, white gloves, and etc. Have decided to scale back and simplify my setup. Not to mention my health issues. That being said, willing to let these beauties go for ONLY $425 shipped within the Conus areas. If interested, then please send me a PM. Serious inquiries only please. Absolutely no low-ballers. ALL reasonable offers will be considered. Thanks!

upload_2017-9-14_19-31-16.png

upload_2017-9-14_19-31-43.png

upload_2017-9-14_19-32-16.png

upload_2017-9-14_19-32-59.png

upload_2017-9-14_19-33-25.png

upload_2017-9-14_19-33-50.png

upload_2017-9-14_20-11-25.png

upload_2017-9-14_20-12-17.png

upload_2017-9-14_20-12-59.png

upload_2017-9-14_20-13-35.png

Cheers,

Phil

killdozzer

killdozzer

Audioholic Samurai
:) Apparently it was you who had these. How do they sound?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
@speakerman39
I know that you have been praising these a lot lately.

So, what speakers do you plan to keep?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
:) Apparently it was you who had these. How do they sound?
The Dentons have a warm sound signature. Very laid-back and polite. Nothing is over emphasized. There is absolutely no listening fatigue whatsoever. Can listen to them all day and never get fatigued. Vocals really shine. Especially, female vocalists giving you a toe-tapping experience that truly draws you into the music. Anyways, that gives you an idea of how they sound. Just wished there were a little bit more extension. Keep in mind, I will not be using a powered sub. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
@speakerman39
I know that you have been praising these a lot lately.

So, what speakers do you plan to keep?
Yes, I love the Dentons. But, I have been listening to the Wharfedale Diamond 220's while on my desktop. Like the Dentons, they are also warm sounding, but give up a bit of warmth to give better low end extension. It is a trade-off. Hence, that is why I am keeping the 220's and selling off the Dentons and/or B&W CM1 S1's. Will not be using a powered sub. Thus, the 220's sound better over all w/o a sub. Everything else is going. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Yes, I love the Dentons. But, I have been listening to the Wharfedale Diamond 220's while on my desktop. Like the Dentons, they are also warm sounding, but give up a bit of warmth to give better low end extension. It is a trade-off. Hence, that is why I am keeping the 220's and selling off the Dentons and/or B&W CM1 S1's. Will not be using a powered sub. Thus, the 220's sound better over all w/o a sub. Everything else is going. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
Even clearing out the JBL Powered Monitors?

Or did I miss something, those are already out?

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Even clearing out the JBL Powered Monitors?

Or did I miss something, those are already out?
Well, a school friend wanted the JBL's and the M-Audio sub. We agreed on price and worked out the details regarding payment. However, she recently changed her mind and decided the sub was not needed. As such, I ended up taking the M-Audio sub back. That is why it is back up for sale.

Current health issues are not going to allow me to keep lugging my gear around. Plus, I plan to move very soon. I merely have too much gear doing nothing but collecting dust. No need for that. BTW, keeping my JBL Everest 700 headphones too. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Well, a school friend wanted the JBL's and the M-Audio sub. We agreed on price and worked out the details regarding payment. However, she recently changed her mind and decided the sub was not needed. As such, I ended up taking the M-Audio sub back. That is why it is back up for sale.

Current health issues are not going to allow me to keep lugging my gear around. Plus, I plan to move very soon. I merely have too much gear doing nothing but collecting dust. No need for that. BTW, keeping my JBL Everest 700 headphones too. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
Well, to be honest, used JBLs may have piqued my interest a little bit ;)

Those Dentons too. But, I'm kind of in the same boat as you, my house is small and getting crowded and cluttered. I really need to think about clearing out some stuff before I bring in anything new.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well, to be honest, used JBLs may have piqued my interest a little bit ;)

Those Dentons too. But, I'm kind of in the same boat as you, my house is small and getting crowded and cluttered. I really need to think about clearing out some stuff before I bring in anything new.
I fully understand. Just know that the ONLY reason the Dentons are up for sale and the 220's aren't is that the 220's have better low end extension. In other words, the Dentons really need to be coupled with a powered sub whereas the 220's do not. The caveat is, however, the 220's give up some of its warmth in the mids/highs to gain in the low end. There is no question that the Dentons are on a higher level so to speak. Especially, mated to a capable sub. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
There is no question that the Dentons are on a higher level so to speak. Especially, mated to a capable sub. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
That mahogany finish on those Dentons is sweet and I dig that retro look. I also have too many speakers. I just gave the pair of Classix 2's away to my DIL/Son and I still have too many. Almost wish I had a pair I was not crazy about just to get those. I don't even know which pair I have that I could even mothball away just to play with those for awhile. These damned little JBLs threw a monkey wrench into what I thought I knew about speakers and they ended up being too easy to use on top of it all so now I'm really stuck. They were supposed to go to my work but have been enjoying the damn things here, instead.

I hope these little tempters of yours don't hang around too long, is all I can say.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
That mahogany finish on those Dentons is sweet and I dig that retro look. I also have too many speakers. I just gave the pair of Classix 2's away to my DIL/Son and I still have too many. Almost wish I had a pair I was not crazy about just to get those. I don't even know which pair I have that I could even mothball away just to play with those for awhile. These damned little JBLs threw a monkey wrench into what I thought I knew about speakers and they ended up being too easy to use on top of it all so now I'm really stuck. They were supposed to go to my work but have been enjoying the damn things here, instead.

I hope these little tempters of yours don't hang around too long, is all I can say.
Thanks! I too love the retro look. Te Dentons were designed to look a lot like these here:

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/monitors-harbeth-p3esr-monitor-speakers-with-free-shipping-2017-09-03-speakers#&gid=1&pid=1

Originally, the Dentons are part of the LS3/5a design that has been very popular in Britain via the BBC. Really hate to part with them, but using them full-range is not the best of ideas b/c they truly need a powered sub. However, once mated to a capable sub, then the Dentons are on another level altogether. Anyways, they are still up for the taking. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

First world problems :p
And, not the only person on here with similar "problems".:D

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks! I too love the retro look. Te Dentons were designed to look a lot like these here:

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/monitors-harbeth-p3esr-monitor-speakers-with-free-shipping-2017-09-03-speakers#&gid=1&pid=1

Originally, the Dentons are part of the LS3/5a design that has been very popular in Britain via the BBC. Really hate to part with them, but using them full-range is not the best of ideas b/c they truly need a powered sub. However, once mated to a capable sub, then the Dentons are on another level altogether. Anyways, they are still up for the taking. :):):)

Cheers,

Phil
The Continuums I built are Jeff Bagby's take on the LS3/5a. I had a foreman from England who carted a pair of the originals (along with a specific amp/converter) with him allover the world to here in the states and was the only time I got to hear them and never knew to care or think anything of it. I would not part with my Continuums. It's one of the extra pair of speakers taking up room here. If those Dentons sound anything like Bagby's version, it would be worth keeping them, even with a subwoofer as part of the mess.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I'm so minimalist with everything else, though. This hobby looks so odd among my other needs. :D
You know, in my various hobbies, I often end up with "more than I need" along the way. Then, at some point I start clearing out the superfluous items, or those that I just don't use any more, or those that I bought and used for a while then went to something else.

That's the thing with hobbies, you just never know for sure "what you need" until you dive right in and start learning it for yourself.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The Continuums I built are Jeff Bagby's take on the LS3/5a. I had a foreman from England who carted a pair of the originals (along with a specific amp/converter) with him allover the world to here in the states and was the only time I got to hear them and never knew to care or think anything of it. I would not part with my Continuums. It's one of the extra pair of speakers taking up room here. If those Dentons sound anything like Bagby's version, it would be worth keeping them, even with a subwoofer as part of the mess.
The Dentons are a very warm sounding speaker. They excel with vocals. Especially, female vocalists like Adele. The Blues albeit guitar sounds fabulous as well. Eric Clapton sounds about as good as it gets. Unless you want to spend some serious dollars to get some significant improvement. However, I am not going to use a powered sub anymore. That is why I am keeping the Diamond 220's instead of the Dentons. The B&W CM1 S1's are no slouches either. The Dentons have your name on them.......LOL!!!! :):):)

Cheers,

Phil

M

MrBoat

Audioholic Ninja
You know, in my various hobbies, I often end up with "more than I need" along the way. Then, at some point I start clearing out the superfluous items, or those that I just don't use any more, or those that I bought and used for a while then went to something else.

That's the thing with hobbies, you just never know for sure "what you need" until you dive right in and start learning it for yourself.
True enough. Fortunately, a lot of my tools at least are useful elsewhere. And I do currently use most of what audio gear I have collected and have embraced the idea of being at a stopping point, at least until something breaks beyond repair.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
True enough. Fortunately, a lot of my tools at least are useful elsewhere. And I do currently use most of what audio gear I have collected and have embraced the idea of being at a stopping point, at least until something breaks beyond repair.
Oh I was just ribbing ya! :p:p:p But, if you change your mind be sure to let me know. No worries!

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
UPDATE!

Price now lowered to ONLY $400 shipped within CONUS areas!

Cheers,

Phil

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis