We're all going to die part three-this time the flu

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
Thought Loser would be all over this. Armegeddon, fire, and brimstone dont go out. Hunker down. Repent Repent Repent.

I do have sympathy for the victims but the press can sure run with a story.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, I'm not that scared about this.

I'm even so sketched out lately by the media that I'd even go so far to say this sounds like a ploy to sell flu vaccine. Ever tried that poop? It's side effects are tiredness, stomach aches, acheyness, vomitting, etc.... kind of like the f**ckin' flu.

majorloser

majorloser

We're all gonna die.

Just some of us are working harder at it than others. :p

BTW- hurricane season is just around the corner. Need to start stocking up on alcohol. :cool:

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
A new strain of flu... Yawn... Do the pharmaceutical companies need a bailout and are receiving it by creating hysteria. The regular flu kills upwards of 60,000 people per year. I'm not worried about this new strand that has killed less than 100.

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
Oh wah wah wah – stop your whining! The swine flu won’t be our downfall – the large (and as of yet undiscovered) asteroid hurtling towards Earth & set to impact on 12/21/2012 will be out ultimate demise! Don’t you people know your dooms day prophesies?

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
Well, the press always need some kind of potential disaster to write about.....

Well we're all gonna die when the sun suddenly gets much bigger...... in sth like 5 billion years :cool:
Perhaps it may even happen sooner than this.......

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I caution you against dismissing this as unserious. If you think it isn't I suggest you review Calculus and the logistic growth equation. Once you've understood this function and it's model of population growth you will then be able to understand the seriousness of any new disease or strain. Our goal is to prevent the growth from spiraling out of control.
I remind you the last flu epidemic killed millions. No reason to play games. Besides this gives the media something better to cover than tea parties.:)

1 death is serious to me. That's someones family member.

Plus different people groups have less resistance to the flu.

I think if anything this took to long to get serious recognition. It should have been contained to Mexico and their borders locked down. Disease isn't a game and the wrong one can wipe out 1/4th of our population with ease.

As well pointed out 60,000 people die from the flu each year. I suggest you get vaccinated to prevent the spread of the disease. My hope is someday we can eradicate it.

CraigV

CraigV

Audioholic General
I caution you against dismissing this as unserious. If you think it isn't I suggest you review Calculus and the logistic growth equation. Once you've understood this function and it's model of population growth you will then be able to understand the seriousness of any new disease or strain. Our goal is to prevent the growth from spiraling out of control.
I remind you the last flu epidemic killed millions. No reason to play games. Besides this gives the media something better to cover than tea parties.:)

I think if anything this took to long to get serious recognition. It should have been contained to Mexico and their borders locked down. Disease isn't a game and the wrong one can wipe out 1/4th of our population with ease.

As well pointed out 60,000 people die from the flu each year. I suggest you get vaccinated to prevent the spread of the disease. My hope is someday we can eradicate it.

I think most people are taking it seriously (we received an order of hand sanitizer & tissues at work) but I also agree that some in the news media come across as it being a doom & gloom situation.

I do agree however with getting a flu shot. Yeah, you might feel crumby for a little while, but the alternative is always worse.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
I've never gotten a vaccine before. All I hear is bad stuff about them.
Yes, but what is the reality and the truth about them? Fear mongering by stars is not where one should get their science from:D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

A couple of the mass destruction epidemics, 1918 and one in the 1970s had a precursor, just like this one. Next year may be a wake up call. Certainly in 1918 nothing could have been done, lack of knowledge and know how.
But, with that and the 1970s case of preludes, we better be prepared for next year.:D

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Thought Loser would be all over this. Armegeddon, fire, and brimstone dont go out. Hunker down. Repent Repent Repent.

I do have sympathy for the victims but the press can sure run with a story.
Yes, we will all die:D Some sooner than later:D
And, if one repents, is that a free pass?;):D

J

jamie2112

Banned
I ain't sceered.........I am sure something will happen though. The pharmacudical companies are losing too much money because of medical marajuana that I would not at all be suprised if they created something to make them money:eek: J/K..... in all seriousness though it really doesn't seem as bad as "fox news" says it is 60,000 people a year die from the flu this is not even close to a epidemic...IMO of course

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
What bothers me most about this whole thing is the advice. Cover your mouth, wash your hands, etc... People now have to be reminded to do things that I consider to be common courtesy and common sense.

res6jya6

res6jya6

Senior Audioholic
What bothers me most about this whole thing is the advice. Cover your mouth, wash your hands, etc... People now have to be reminded to do things that I consider to be common courtesy and common sense.
WHAT?! From my understanding, it was common courtesy to cough on every living person, wipe your arse and not wash your hands, and to transfer as much disgusting bodily fluid to every surface you touch :p :D

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
in all seriousness though it really doesn't seem as bad as "fox news" says it is 60,000 people a year die from the flu this is not even close to a epidemic...IMO of course
Nod, and who is to say the flu I had a month ago wasn't swine flu. It's not like it kills you if your taking care of it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis