Well the nht's are up and running

Thirsty93

Thirsty93

Audioholic
Well after going kinda nuts my system is all done.I added NHT 2.5 speakers,B&K Components Reference ST 125.2 Series 2 Amp,Apc H15 and a couple Belden 1505F interconnects from blue jean cable.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Ahhh, the 2.5s. Nice speakers! I considered those, but I ended up with 1.5s and a sub. I am a bit jealous of you, though. :)

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
How do you like your 2.5's?
I read a pro review that said they were killer but broke up fast if you played them loud. That was very disappointing as I wanted a pair but I need to go loud faily often. I love the angled look on those. Mmmm

G

griffinconst

Senior Audioholic
What would you use as a center with those?

Thirsty93

Thirsty93

Audioholic
Ahhh, the 2.5s. Nice speakers! I considered those, but I ended up with 1.5s and a sub. I am a bit jealous of you, though. :)
I just moved up from the 1.5 I now have them in the rear.

Thirsty93

Thirsty93

Audioholic
How do you like your 2.5's?
I read a pro review that said they were killer but broke up fast if you played them loud. That was very disappointing as I wanted a pair but I need to go loud faily often. I love the angled look on those. Mmmm
I think that paired with the right amp they would do just fine,you could always get a pair of 2.9or 3.3.Then you would just go deaf first.:D

What would you use as a center with those?
Audiocenter 1

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Thats a sweet setup man.

I like the super clean sleek look.

Are you running 5.1 or 5.0?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I have a very similar set-up to yours. I run four 1.5s (front and rear) and an AudioCenter-1, along with a sub. I've been really happy with them.

Thirsty93

Thirsty93

Audioholic
I was jamin on some zz top and some eric clapton's crossroads guitar festival dvd and strechen the legs alittle.......I'm very happy.:D

C

cvcgolf

Audioholic
Can you please remove those girlie thingies from the top of your speakers. Unless of course you are a girl. Then I give you credit for even buying the speakers. Ha! (remove the grills to, will ya) Show your speakers the respect they deserve.

Thirsty93

Thirsty93

Audioholic
Can you please remove those girlie thingies from the top of your speakers. Unless of course you are a girl. Then I give you credit for even buying the speakers. Ha! (remove the grills to, will ya) Show your speakers the respect they deserve.
Give me a break :rolleyes:i guess there is always one hater in the crowd

radridd

radridd

Audioholic
I have been very happy with my 2.5's. Running my subs with a Adcom GFA545amp and the mids and highs with my DE555ES.

C

camaraderie

Audiophyte
As nice as the NHT's are...it looks like the company is on the ropes. Buyer beware right now.
audioholics.com/news/nht-close-doors

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
As nice as the NHT's are...it looks like the company is on the ropes. Buyer beware right now.
audioholics.com/news/nht-close-doors
Yeah, but those 2.5s are way out of warranty anyway, so the company going out of business (if they do) won't really affect Thirsty, IMO.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yeah, but those 2.5s are way out of warranty anyway, so the company going out of business (if they do) won't really affect Thirsty, IMO.
Not to be negative but replacement parts might be hard to obtain if something goes out and the company no longer exists .

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Not to be negative but replacement parts might be hard to obtain if something goes out and the company no longer exists .
Good point. I'm assuming that they don't stock parts for those anymore, though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis